My response pad fell out, what do I do?

My response pad fell out and I have an extra set. I was reading a thread about silicone response, and someone suggested that you wait 24 hours after putting the response on. Is that true?

If you want to use your extra set, just tear out the old one and pop in the new one and keep going like nothing happened.

If you want to silicone your yoyo, it’s best to do a little bit of preparation work. Remove the existing pad(s), clean out the recess with alcohol(like rubbing alcohol or isopropyl). Mineral spirits work good too. Dip a Q-tip into the liquid and move it through the response recess really good. It also tends to dry fast, but you can wipe it down with a paper towel for good measure.

Add the flowable silicone. There’s tons of videos on how to do this. Remove the excess and set the halves on a level surface where they won’t get disturbed for at least 24 hours. After that, it should be fully cured and ready to play again.

So, yes, it’s true. Wait 24 hours so the silicone can fully cure.

The waiting 24 hours is for putting liquid silicone (flowable or otherwise) into the response groove. You need to wait 24 hours for it to cure.

If you have spare pads, just clean out as much of the old adhesive as you can, and pop the new pad in. Start playing.

Thanks for the help!