My new yoyo

Today i got my first shutter in the mail along with a pack of 100 yoyo strings niw im just waiting on my yoyo lube to come in the mail im ready to take my yoyoing to the next level so by this time next year i can start competing i so excited. I compared the shutter to my magic yoyo t5 overlord and let me tell you even though the shutter is bigger it is so much lighter and so much smoother i love this yoyo so much i cant get enough of throwing it and its been so much easier to land my tricks I’ve already le&arned. Now when i buy another yoyo i know what to expect i think this time my next yoyo is gonna be brandon vu’s plastic yoyo the varient i think a plastic yoyo will be a good yoyo to practise with specially if it throws like a metal yoyo, any thoughts on that. Before i go i really wanna start learning combos for my competition practice does anybody have any good starter combos i can practice or any advice i could use on my yoyo journey it will be greatly appreciated. #yoyobegginer #yoyoislife #iloveyoyoing

10 Likes

Good luck. :+1: try starting with the trick ladder. And the video on bind theory is great for beginners if you haven’t seen it.

5 Likes

If you haven’t checked out the YoYoExpert trick list, definitely give that a shot. It breaks tricks up by difficulty, so you can jump ahead a bit if you find the earlier stuff too easy. I’m not very far into the list myself, but it seems like it has plenty of advanced tricks that can be turned into combos, and the videos are really helpful.

Congrats on the new throw! Good luck on learning and developing. I bet you’ll be competing in no time! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You can also follow a few threads on here.

FrontStyle tutorials and ideas

And
This thread we have had going for 3 years now where we pick a new trick every week. Some are easier then others, in general they are intermediate to advanced but you will find a variety of tutorials and links to all three years (individual weeks) are available on the first post.

Trick-a-Week 2022

And this forum is full of overly helpful individuals so feel free to ask any Qs and you’ll get plenty of answers.

6 Likes

Thank you so much i will check it out and upload all the tricks i learned

2 Likes

Thank you so much i will check it out and upload any new tricks i learn and thank you for the support

1 Like

Yea ive downloaded yotricks app and have learned alot of tricks on there i just reaply wanna get the concept of combos down

4 Likes

Start off simple, take a few elements from different tricks you’ve learned and try to remix them. It helps to pay attention to which elements start and end with certain mounts. If they share a similar mount (like a 1.5 mount. So many tricks start from that mount) you can begin to easily flow from one element to the next.

Like everything else, it just takes a little experimentation and practice. Keep at it and you’ll be competing in no time!

2 Likes

These tricks (advanced intermediate? )are kind of my home base for string combos and they have lots of elements you can flow together alpha style:

Double and triple or nothing
Jedi flip
Rewind
Buddahs revenge
The matrix
Mcbride roller-coaster
Skin the gerbil
Coldfusion
Kwyjibo

I am presently working magic drop and shockwave and slack trapeze into this list as well, and i want to add superflow too. This a short list but mixing them together in diferent ways has kept me occupied for years… these might be too easy for some. also, my goal is not competition, only fun. Most of these are on the yye trick list…

6 Likes

The guy just started! It’s like when someone has only $30 to spend on a yoyo and is asking for recommendations and a majority of the recommendations made are for $60 - $90 yoyos.

4 Likes

Thank you that was really helpful i got a yoyo note pad that i write down good info so thank you for that

2 Likes

Kamikaze is a good combo to learn.
it’s got trapeeze, kamikaze mount, magic drop… several basic elements in there strung together. a fun trick.

enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

3 Likes

Plenty of great trick advice already made.
Please research using lube, its good to have on hand, but you need little or none most of the time.

4 Likes

The Shutter is awesome, great choice my man! And if you really like it, they have a whole Shutter line of yoyos you can try out. Shutter Wide Angle, Bi Metal Shutter (discontinued though, but amazing), Shutter Evo and the mini Stainless Steel Shutter. It’ll be great seeing your tricks progress as well my dude!

2 Likes

Thank you if you want to see some of my tricks i learned you can follow me on instagram at bigbagg9328

1 Like