Frontstyle Tutorial Playlist

ALL TUTORIALS UP TO 10/24/22 ARE NOW IN THIS YOUTUBE PLAYLIST!

I will consolidate all the dope trick vidz tomorrow probably.

13 Likes

Have you seen these?

12 Likes

Nope. Helpful! Need to learn those basics at the beginning too.

9 Likes

2 steps closer, lol

2 Likes

From the series - the protusions are SO hard. They look cool but hard to grasp with brain!

3 Likes

There’s like 7 videos in the series.

8 Likes

The braintwister and frontstyle speed combo series by Yotricks are insanely good. Some of the best yoyo pedadogy I’ve seen in those.

12 Likes

I hardly ever mention frontstyle here because it seems like it would be like a loud fart at a ballet recital.

7 Likes

They are hard! It took me a while but now I can do one of them!

5 Likes

I sorta got one a year ago but then i forgot about it. If someone is next to me I can learn fast. With videos I have to watch a dozen times to BEGIN to grasp something. When i found out a guy at work throws he taught me barrell rolls in 5 minutes and a week later he moved 600 miles away.

6 Likes

That video is very, very good.

3 Likes

MORE FRONTSTYLE please! :grinning:

4 Likes

These videos show frontstyle is in no way limiting and can be just as creative as horizontal.

3 Likes

I downloaded all those into my phone and have been working on them regularly.
Horizontal is another world i think im not ready for.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try some/all of these.

2 Likes

Sometimes I will do a combo on the front string. It’s like playing responsive. I could not do the stuff in the hits tutorial to save my life but this morning I just started experimenting and happened to do a hit by accident. My conclusion is that by experimenting and watching tutorials over and over, things sink in even if you do not immediately attempt them sometimes because we think we could never do them. “What happens if I try THIS” is the frame of mind I like to stay in when throwing because no new tricks or moves come out of repeating the same things over and over.

3 Likes

The two yotricks series already posted are excellent resources to get you started. The braintwister one is how I built my first frontstyle combo. From there just keep learning frontstyle tricks and figuring out which ones flow into one another. I.e. split bottom mount > barrel roll > boingy boing > mach 5 > pop n fresh
That’s pretty much my 2nd frontstyle combo I came up with.
Then eventually just learn other elements and start putting more random stuff together - here’s pretty much the one I’ve been doing lately

9 Likes

Wow that’s really good!

2 Likes

Two years later and this is still my favorite…

7 Likes
4 Likes