My Collection

Right but if you dislike slightly undersized, couldn’t you have read the stats page and decided that it was too undersized for your tastes prior to buying it? :thinking:

You keep saying this like you had no idea, no way of knowing, somehow this yo-yo was forced upon you without your knowledge. Provided you knew you have a massive hate-on for slightly undersized (did you?) I don’t see how that could be the case.

Now, if you didn’t realize that preference until you added two of these to your collection and found out while playing them, that’s fine. I get that totally. You gotta try things to learn your preferences.* And to be honest, I’m with you: the Vayder is about the minimum size I’d even accept in a yo-yo these days. Anything smaller isn’t “mildly undersized”, but full on “undersized” :+1:

It is true that the Vayder is slightly undersized compared to modern yo-yos, 100%, but I also expect that people know how to read yo-yo stats pages prior to making a purchase. Is this an unreasonable expectation? Should there be a special

:warning: BEWARE this is slightly undersized!

warning label on every yo-yo or something? :thinking:

I’m not so sure about that; there are some very wide yo-yos out there which don’t have large diameters, and I do not think they’d feel “small”.

Unlikely, given the difference in material and very similar sizes. I guess if you actively dislike O / V hybrids and prefer more of a W?

One word of caution: if you have a massive hate-on for mildly undersized, DO NOT ever try a real undersized yo-yo (popstar, etc). I am quite mixed on these myself, the Ministar 2 is pretty decent but I always want to skew bigger like the Recess Snack and even then… ehhh.

* p.s. don’t marry your high school sweetheart for the same reason, kids!!

3 Likes

This was definitely me. Before the Ti-Vayder, I hadn’t tried any other slightly undersized yoyos, except for the Metal Arrow, which I enjoy, and the MYY N1, my first yoyo ever, so I’m definitely biased towards it.

I’m also the kind of person that likes to try everything, even if I might dislike it, because you can never truly know you’ll dislike something until you try it. This was especially true for the Ti-Vayder. I had never played a titanium yoyo before, and yes, I did notice the slightly undersized specs (I even send you a PM to switch the incorrectly labeled diameter and width!), but as I said before, I wasn’t sure of my opinion on undersized yoyos, and I had thought that with titanium, the yoyo could have a weight distribution that I didn’t expect.

Interesting point! I don’t think I’ve tried any superwides, so it’d be interesting to see how they compare.

I’m standing by this. I’d attribute the better perceived (by me) performance to the 2 grams difference, as well as the slightly larger diameter. I do prefer most other shapes over anything O, but I don’t think that would affect how I judge the performance of each yoyo.

Let’s get one thing clear. I’m almost certain that I’ve never made a blanket statement expressing my dislike for all slightly undersized yoyos, that would quite hypocritical; rather I feel like you’ve generalized the statements I’ve made about the Ti-Vayder to all yoyos of the same size.

And honestly, if the Ti-Vayder were to have been released today instead of months ago, I still would buy one. Why? The hype. There’s no way I would pass up on an opportunity to own what some call the best yoyo of all time at an unbeatable price for titanium.

3 Likes

Most of my initial purchases after coming back to yoyoing were for this reason. Now I’m very sure about my preferences as I’ve had the opportunity to try stuff that confirmed them for me.

1 Like

That is fair, if you don’t know you don’t know.

I highly advise you to stay as far away from actual undersized yo-yos as possible. If you had such a severe negative relation to being mildly undersized, you will despise real undersized yo-yos with every fiber of your being.

1 Like

Now I have to buy one :eyes:

2 Likes

Congratulations. You will hate it.

2 Likes

You’re going to be getting this one in the mail soon to add to your collection @threebearrries.

7 Likes

I’m speechless

Any profile pics of that one? The cup is very nice looking.

A small, significant update to my collection. I’ve basically played with/have everything that I wanted to get/try. Definitely slowing down buying/selling yoyos for now! The only thing I’m really looking at buying is the Magpie to complete my Yoyofriends collection. Metals shown below.

11 Likes

And the update doesn’t include mine. :disappointed:

2 Likes

At the time of the picture, the yoyo that you made for me was actually in my backpack downstairs, because I’m using it as an EDC!

3 Likes

that is an amazing collection

1 Like

My school of fish just got a new member!

All together:

Duncan
Barracuda ,YoshicudaX, & BarracudaX

12 Likes

nice… have not seen that design yet. Are there more of those somewhere?

1 Like

I got it in a trade. Was told it was an unreleased colorway. I don’t know if that means there will be more or if it’s a One off. Either way I’m stoked.
Maybe @bjardin could fill us in?

1 Like

saw this on reddit a while back, wonder if it’s the same one.

4 Likes

It’s possible. Hey @crash was this you on reddit?

Hiii @Mystik! That’s not me! But that’s exactly how I got my Barracuda X as well though. They were out of stock so they asked me if I wanted an unreleased colourway instead! I am not that active on reddit!

3 Likes

Just saw that Duncan has that colorway available.

1 Like