My bearing is making a rattling noise

I got my replay pro yesterday and when I took the bearing out and spun it, it kept making a screeching noise, so then I cleaned it and lubed it and the screeching noise is gone but the bearing still sounds like its scratching and rattling. The noises don’t come at all when I actually play with the yoyo but I just want to know if this is ok. Here is a videoBearing

If it still sounds that way, it is possible that you put in too much lube. Just a small drop on the end of a pin is all you need. Make sure you play on the bearing a little bit before you try lubing again because lube is not an instant fix, it takes some playing time on It before it starts to play better. If it is still bad then try cleaning it again and only using a small amount of lube. I clean my bearings with lighter fluid. I get bearing problems all the time and trust me, I understand the frustration!

I have a replay pro as well and from what I can tell the bearing has a few things
First the c clips that hold the bearing shields for some reason can actually pop out by them selvs while spinning making a scratching sound
Second the shields have wiggle room witch make a slight noise if spun on a angle
Third the actually bearing itself has a very small amount of space between the balls and the casing, which makes a slight sound some times usually when vibration is added to the system

It plays just fine for you?
I don’t thing there’s anything wrong with the bearing. Seems to spin freely enough and as you said you don’t notice the sound while you’re playing it…so I say play away, have fun and don’t worry too much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow I never knew that about my replay, lol.

Yeah tbh I originally thought the noise was normal and just needed to be broken in. That and that it was my first actual yoyo in years. But after weeks and the addition of several yoyos to my collection I learned that the replay pro being the most expensive yoyo in my collection also had the second loudest bearing in my collection. So I started to look at the bearings closer. I concluded that the price on a yoyo bearing reflects spin time and smoothness, but not noise.

I have bearings that are dead silent that have bad spin Times and others that scream like a banshee and spin forever. Bearings are weird but so long as they spin good and don’t become responsive I suppose they’re fine.

3 Likes