Multi Tool

I have encountered some ridiculously over tight bearing seat.
If you have a penetrant (WD-40 works well, just try not to get them inside the race), just spray them on the bearing inner race that still on contact with the bearing seat, leave it for about ten minute and try the bearing remover again.

It’ll give some lubrication, and made everything easier for me…

Would thin lube work? Oh and I uploaded a pic to my email, does anybody know how to get the pics from my email onto here?

EDIT- I have it saved to my pc, hopefully I can get the pic up after school tomorrow. I can’t right now because my sis is hogging the computer. Hopefully I can get it before she does tomorrow lol.

Can you download a pic onto a real Pc?

If you have it on your PC, make a new post, click Additional Options…, the in the section that says Attach: click Browse. It will open a window on your PC that you can use to find the image. Click it and it should show in the window. Then Post…

I pressed choose file, and it says attached :). So here you go. Tell me if you want some different angles and stuff.

That’s pretty tiny to see, but it does appear that you didn’t get all of the old bearing. Get the pliers out again…

Serious? Is the inner race we’re seeing? I was thinking that would be a Crucial Grooved in there, but it seemed a bit small.

Woah,

It looks like you go the inner part of the bearing stuck on the yo-yo.

Pliers.

Ok thanks guys, I’m guessing the inner race is the inside of the bearing, correct me if I’m wrong. I’ll get some pliers when I’m free, probably tomorrow.

That happened to me. I just used pliers to get the inner race thing out.

Bummer!!!

Do the following at your own risk!!!

Put your dibase on a firm surface wood/steel etc with a shop rag between it and the surface(so it doesn’t get scratched up. Insert 1/4 drill bit(chuck side) into what’s left of the bearing. Put a block of wood on top of the drill bit and firmly tap it with a hammer a few times. This rapping will create a bounce effect that will knock it off the bearing seat. If you get too aggressive with the hammering you will damage the seat so take your time and firmly tap not beat the thing out of there.

I have done this many times on many throws…I don’t crap from bs bearing tool things if I destroy a throw…it’s my own fault and I know it. Make sure you know it too.

I got some time to try the pliers. The circular part won’t fit around it and the tip slides off. Also, I heard the tip scratches up the yoyo. Do I need some different pliers or something? Or should I let my dad take a shot at it?

Use a thin vice grip and tighten it so its straight up on the bearing thing then wiggle.

Thanks for the quick answer, I’ll ask my dad to drive me to Home Depot to get some cause the ones at my house are too big.