Mr Yoyothrower Tutorials - 1 take tutorial series

In an effort to actually make more tutorials in and around all my other projects I’m doing 1 take, film it on my phone, good enough.

Here’s my Youtube Channel for all my tutorials: Mryoyothrower

The Amazing Egress
Electrical Tape
Calculator
Scientific Calculator
Reticulated potato
Defenestrated potato
Chops Hops
Artemis
Poang
Corner Gas
Interrogatory
Beethoven’s Triangle
Mozart’s Triangle
Wagner’s Triangle
Bach’s Triangle
Slack Hook #1
Slack Hook #2
Vivaldi’s Triangle
Stravinsky’s Triangl
Lukewarm Mess
Flubble
Floon
Frontainum
Flink
Slip Whip
Slickity Whip
Slickity Slack Whip
Rabbit Pops
Swoop Bind
Brother Whip Bind
Overhand Bind
Inner Whip Bind
Catch Bind
Pull Bind
Responsive yoyo-basic stalls
Chopsticks Stall
Responsive Chopsticks Stall Tower
Split bottom and Split top stalls
5 stall Combo
Palm Wind REgen
Stall Zipper
Houdini Brother Mount
Houdini’s Brother Triangle #1
Houdini’s Brother Triangle #2
Houdini’s Brother Triple Hop Triangle
Fingerspin Hurricane Bind
Unresponsive Stall Regen
Chopstupendous
Speed combo element #1
Speed Combo Element #2
Speed Combo Element #3
Book Mount
Book Mount to Triangle
Book Mount magic
Book Mount Triangle
Empty House
Empty New Condo
Onwards and Upwards

20 Likes

Dude yes!! I’ve really been feeling these kinds of tricks lately. I’ll add them to my #trickaweek challenge bucket, Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m excited for this. I’ll definitely be learning some of these. I’ve been a fan of your tutorials for a long time. You explain them very well. I often need new elements explained vocally, slow motion alone often isn’t enough. Thanks for taking the time!

1 Like

More! See if you can spot the word play in the most recent one :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for doing these.
There is only so much time in a day, and you’ve become the Walmart of my yo-yo tutorials. (1 stop shopping)
No offense to Walmart. jj

You’re awesome Jeremy.

This is great! Started with Interregatory and have already rapped my knuckles a bunch of times. :joy: Thanks Jeremy!!!

1 Like

Lol, I think I take offense to the fact that being compared to my tutorials would be offensive to Walmart! Considering how much of a crap company walmart is, I think it’s the other way around :wink:
Joking aside, I’m glad you are enjoying the tutorials!

2 Likes

At some point I’ll run out of triangles…lol

Then hop :slight_smile:

No hops yet, but we’ll get there :wink:

1 Like

These are awesome. Thx for all your hard work man

Plus there is something about calming about the Canadian(?) accent. Makes me want to learn

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it! What’s funny is that the west Coast Canadian accent is actually heard a lot on TV. It’s one of the more neutral English accents. Plus half of the TV shows you watch are filmed in Vancouver! I’m actually heading out shortly to spend the day on a set coaching an actor who has to do yoyo tricks in an episode of a TV show.

4 Likes

Dude that’s awesome. I was born in Hamilton ON but have been super neutral midwesternized accent wise for a while.

I have heard Vancouver and Atlanta are the new hotbeds for tv and movies. One of my all time favorite shows was filmed there (psych).

Yoyo in a tv show? Can we have some details to look out for it? Unless there is a NDA of course.

1 Like

I’m not on the show, I was the consultant making sure the yoyos worked and the actor could do the tricks. One of the vancouver yoyo club kids was on the show though. It’s the Good Doctor, the episode will air in November

2 Likes

:ocean: You’re killing it, @MrYoyoThrower. Can’t keep up! :laughing:

Where to learn complex combos without inventing them yourself?
Eg something like this: https://youtu.be/N_ZWz6UhDns?t=10 ?

If you look through the other playlist on my channel I’ve got varying degrees of difficulty combos. I’ve got about 50 of them so you should be able to find something that works for you. They are also sorted out by starting mount at mryoyothrower.com

1 Like

I’d like to add that Jeremy provides players with ideas to go off and experiment with. Even in his longer tricks, you can find an element or two to combine with something else you know.

Remembering elements is easier than remembering full tricks, and remembering your own tricks might be easier than recalling someone else’s. An example is “loopsy daisy,” which I tried and discovered other things which came more naturally to me. Still, the springboard was a video Jeremy posted.

The more elements you know, the more creative you can be. Incorporating a new element into some homegrown combo is a great way to make it your own.

3 Likes

Dude, can I quote you on my website? Lol, that’s was a ringing endorsement abs I appreciate it!

1 Like

Sure, if it’s helpful.