Motivation to stay in yo-yo community for Evan

Hey Evan, it’s Adrian. Prob don’t remember me when I met you at worlds in Cleveland because I haven’t talked to you since but what has kept you motivated to stay in the yo-yo community? What have been your ups and downs and how have you pushed through? For me, I’m struggling a lot with the “do people like my tricks” kind of stage and with college coming up, it’s been somewhat hard to see me keep yoyoing at least as often as I normally would.

2 Likes

I’m not Evan, but I wanted to let you know that I really respect your style and that you shouldn’t tell yourself that people don’t like your tricks. I’m nowhere near as experienced with yoyoing as you are but I get that it can be super discouraging when you don’t know if people appreciate your tricks. I saw your tech creators video last year and I go back to that video whenever I just don’t feel the inspiration or the motivation to yoyo. It’s one of my all time favorite videos and I really admire your style and trick construction. Don’t get into the habit of telling yourself that people don’t like your tricks because 1, it doesn’t matter what other people think of your tricks, it’s about how you feel about your own style, and 2, there are a ton of people, including me, who really look up to you as a player.

Ok now I’m done. (^-^)/

3 Likes

Sup Adrian! Yeah, I see all your instagram stuff all the time man. There are many things that keep me in this community from the people to the competitions, to just the fun of yoyoing. I will say, however, that when I get tired of it, I just completely take a break. There’s nothing wrong with that. In the end, the point of yoyoing should be to create enjoyment, and if that’s not happening, then you shouldn’t force yourself to do it. I’m not saying you should take a break, but I wouldn’t worry if you feel like yoyoing isn’t top on your list of priorities at the moment.

3 Likes