Motion YoYo - update 5/30/2024 - Harmonic Returns

Thanks we actually picked the colors out last night - I truly believe there is something for everyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know itā€™s early, but are you far enough along to have a target release date in mind? If youā€™re not, or you want to keep it under wraps for a little longer, I completely understand. FWIW, the main reason that I havenā€™t picked up a Motion yet is that I fear itā€™s way too much of a yoyo for my limited abilities :smile: My big accomplishments lately are getting consistent with the DNA and the finger grind bind. A lot of the time I feel like a guy with a garage full of exotic sports cars that only drives a mile to the grocery store :joy:. Iā€™m sure most of my yo-yos are yearning to do all sorts of fancy tricks that I can only dream about right now. But hopefully Iā€™ll grow into them!

2 Likes

I feel that - Motion yo-yos all can be played very chill, but also have the ability to be pushed to limits that other yo-yos canā€™t achieve. Donā€™t be nervous about them - myself and a whole team of folks would be here to help you :slight_smile:

Accelerated has a target launch date of March of 2023 - hoping to achieve that!

Message me directly anytime you have questions - there are no barriers to reaching me for questions or comments.

3 Likes

I have the Perpetual. How does the Centrifugal compare?

I am definitely looking forward to the Accelerated!

2 Likes

Centrifugal and Perpetual are very different animals.

Centrifugal has more power, a more balanced feel. The weight distribution is also very different on Centrifugal as opposed to Perpetual. Itā€™s a little more compact and wider than Perpetual. Tends to spin out a bit longer and have a little more consistent binds at lower RPMs. Perpetual is a great H shape, and Centrifugal is a top notch W shape.

2 Likes

Here are a couple photos comparing the two - major differences in shape and play of Centrifugal and Perpetual

7 Likes

How do i purchase these strings alone, i love the one that came with my centrifugal and the closest i have found to it are yoyostringlab strings

2 Likes

Contact @JesterDClown for strings - he is our guy

4 Likes

Personally, my favorite yo-yos for learning long and complex (for me) tricks are bi-metals that were probably designed for competition/high-level play. They arenā€™t necessary and I wouldnā€™t recommend one as a first yoyo, but the extra spin time, stability and power really help me out when stepping through an unfamiliar combo.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point! I probably donā€™t need any extra ammunition when it comes to trying to rationalize a yoyo purchase, but thatā€™s something that I tend to forget. I usually throw mono-metals, but whenever I do throw a bi-metal, Iā€™m often surprised at how much longer it spins. Grinds in particular seem to go on for days, and I think that bi-metals really helped me figure out the best place and position for those.

1 Like

Well I can tell you with all certainty you will find that Motion throws will never hold you back - but they will drive you to advance.

4 Likes

Just gonna leave this here

15 Likes

New member announcement

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoDNKGxJpPc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

9 Likes

Super pumped to have Dan on the team ! Looking forward to watching him throw Motion yo-yos at contests!

6 Likes

Yā€™all ready to get ā€œAcceleratedā€

2 of 6 color options :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Iā€™m ready. When to the drop?

2 Likes

First of March!

3 Likes

Awesome, I will be waiting on your virtual storefront door. :wink:

2 Likes

Green, Orangeā€¦ and?

2 Likes