Motion YoYo - update 5/30/2024 - Harmonic Returns

Not gonna lie, it’s pretty freaking nice…nice string that came with it as well.

Edit, had to replace the picture.previous one was terrible.

8 Likes

Thank you for picking one up! I feel like it was a successful run!

Kinetic (motion)

After 2 successful YoYo launches - we are prototyping our 3rd release now :slight_smile:

Final specs

Diameter 56.49
Width 44.01
Gap width 4.46
Weight - 62.5 + or - .5
7068 + SS
17.80 weight per rim

13 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClEcqKIp0nA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

^^ link to post

Giving away a Centrifugal Motion in the Icebow colorway - check the post for rules - contest runs through tomorrow at midnight.

Be sure to follow @motion_yoyo and @the_throwers_lounge

6 Likes

Hey everyone, just a reminder that we have a discord as well, if you want to join and talk about yoyos/share tricks and receive updates on Motion:

Thanks!

4 Likes

Kinetic Motion.

9 Likes

@hesperaux has joined Motion - give him a like and a follow, couldn’t be more happy with his partnership.

19 Likes

Moose Blue

Moose Blue you ask? Well that’s because it’s the signature color way of our first sponsored player @MoosaK. He has been a solid addition to the team since the inception of this idea. Can’t thank him enough for his contributions to the team, the content he provides, and ultimately the friendship we have formed. This one is for you buddy.

We partnered with @hobbygod to turn out quite possibly my favorite @motion_yoyo release to date. Thank you for drawing out exactly what my Brain was :thinking:

Specs coming in at

Diameter 56.49
Width 44.01
Gap width 4.46
Weight - 62.5 + or - .5
7068 + SS
17.80 weight per rim

12 Likes

Molten Merlot

17 Likes

Winters heart

16 Likes

Adeline’s Ruby

13 Likes
11 Likes

Give it a like and a subscribe

7 Likes

So how does it play?

To know how it plays let’s talk about the specs.

Diameter: 54.20
Width: 45.50
Gap Width: 4.44
Total Weight: 63.40 + or - .5!
Material: 7068 + SS
Weight for each rim: 20.90

So don’t let the specs fool you, this YoYo is a performer, it’s wide stance and undersized body play like a full sized yoyo. The spin time is something that I personally like to focus on, and this one is no slouch, it is designed to spin longer than any of our current lineup, one could say it has been “accelerated” from our other models.

We’ve also been pushing the limits of machining. fpm has been an amazing partner, allowing us to confidently shrink the wall thickness and create elaborate and beautiful ss ring profiles not usually seen with these materials. The wall thickness of accelerated is about twice as thin as previous designs, but the ss rings work together with the body to create a durable and powerful design. One of the motion design goals is to push limits and advance yoyo design norms.

The YoYo loves to fly through each combo, with a strong presence on the string. Regens are a breeze and brings the YoYo back to life after short or long combos. At no time are you left wanting any more power. Even when the YoYo becomes exhausted, it still has energy to roll back to your hand in a snap.

Stability and long spin times were the goal here, and we far exceeded anything that we could have imagined.

One again raising the bar - this is Motion.

13 Likes

Honestly my favorite Motion_YoYo so far. They keep getting better!

8 Likes

I like the part about going a little smaller for this one. I’m a sucker for undersized throws, probably due to starting the hobby in the late 90s. I’ve been close to pulling the trigger on a couple of the other Motion models, but I think that this might just be the one that I won’t be able to resist :smile:

3 Likes

My Perpetual Motion is so good it make me want the Accelerated. I also like undersized throws.

3 Likes

Really each of our yo-yos have their place - so many people sleeping on Kinetic and centrifugal right now. No one seems to question why they never show up on the BST…. Are they really that good…… who knows right :wink: lol

I hope you do try one - I would personally like to hear your feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perpetual still holds my heart as the first YoYo, but I love all of them if I am being honest - thank you so much for the support

1 Like

Wow I really like this design !!! Motion yo-yos are so aesthetically pleasing !!! I can’t wait to see all the colorways :grin:

4 Likes