Motion Accelerated - probably most underrated throw :-)

Guys, gotta share this!

As some of you might know, I´m in the game since 1998ish and have dealt with a couple of you guys for over a decade.
I´ve been slimming down my entire collection pretty much the last 2 years - have had about 20 MMCs/MCMOs alone :slight_smile:

Since I love @Bjorn_ofyoyo content on insta and know Jeremy @JEA86 from here, I came across the accelerated by accident but was quite curious.

I usually stick to bell shaped throws ODs (mainly SEs), RSO Stuff (Ends, Tapes, Michas etc), and Aarons Sudo (also made by my Buddy Dave at OD) - usually I don’t experiment too much, when it comes to different shapes. The only 2 “modern” throws I love are CLYW Alpine as well as my OYY Hearse. That being said, I was curious about that first undersized throw from the Motion Lineup, but quite skeptical due to the specs (extreme rim weight distribution) Jeremy was kind enough to have an awesome shipping deal (internationally) and USPS was quicker than lightning - 5 days to my door, shipped internationally!

Guys, I gotta tell you - that throw is something else. First and foremost, it delivers all expected, but on the other hand, it plays so dang laidback like the alpine does. By no means a high-tech-contest throw. Its dead smooth, 100% vibe and wobble free, plays laid back like a rasta-man but can be cranked up immediately do maneuver in any desired direction. I haven’t been putting it down since it came. What an awesome throw! Went into my personal top 3 without a second thought - and I´m talking bout a couple of hundred throws played in over 2 decades!

Don’t sleep on this one :point_up:

I´d recommend this to all of you, usually liking your throws a tad smaller. If you usually toss Parlays/Sudos, Panoramas/Dios, MMCs/MCMOs etc and just want a throw that gives you a bit more variety without having to miss on smoothness, this lil fella might be just for you. I am completely stoked.

I habend been asked, paid or whatsoever to put this up, but I really appreciate those guys behind motion yo-yos. Those dudes rock!

If you have a chance, try em out! There might be a reason why you don’t see too many at the BSTs :wink:

The quality is next level, so does it play on the string.
I´m using a Ceramic/SS Difeo and a Skyline3 on the Accelerated- with no complaints

Can’t remember when a throw made3 “an old man” that kind of happy.
Thank you, Jeremy and Berät for making me experience that throw!

May the spin be with you!

21 Likes

Appreciate this write up a lot! Thank you @Buzz

8 Likes

Buzz you’re more than welcome, we’re glad we could send one out to you! Taking a chance on us, it really means a lot. There are so many yo-yo companies to choose from now a days, your kind words are nothing less than a blessing to us. To hold Accelerated in such high regard along side the alpine and rso stuff, man, what an honor. Cheers brother! And thanks for the shout out 🫶🏻

6 Likes

…. No sweat, bro! And I’m dead serious with my comparison…. Really having a blast with the small fella. Actually considering giving a polished one a chance as well - curious about how this one might feel….

Only my budget ain’t throw-friendly these days :joy:

7 Likes

Dudeee got to try out the polished ones at VA states and unlike other polished throws their polish is not sticky and can grind pretty well :eyes: it’s amazing

8 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up. Besides the finish, whats your opinion on the Accelerated…?

2 Likes

After trying it out once I almost told them to hide the matte one under the table for me so I can pick it up :joy: immediate buy

3 Likes

Not being alone in that case feels good actually :grin:

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Im so glad Jeremy and James made it out to operate the Motion booth! I know they had a blast meeting you all! The kind words are amazing, thank you!

4 Likes

It’s definitely one of the better throws out there love the fact that it’s slightly undersized

3 Likes

I got mine this weekend but haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. Initial impressions were nice though.

4 Likes

Haha. You wont put it down, once tossed :laughing:

3 Likes

Honestly been throwing it all day.

11 Likes

Got mine in today, absolutely love the shape and the finish, the blast is very smooth and I love how matte this entire thing is, looks amazing!

This thing is elegant! It absolutely glides on the string and has a tiny bit of heft which I like. Gives me some turning point vibes with the way that it wants to flow through denser tricks, but definitely lighter feeling.

7 Likes

I am stoked you like it - thanks for taking a chance on our brand, there are so many options out there.

Your description is spot on with what we were trying to achieve.

1 Like

i’m not sure the title of this thread is accurate. this thing is fairly highly rated at this point

1 Like

It sure seems that people know who Motion is now…

7 Likes

keep killin it <3

2 Likes