MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

lol I had to watch this video 3 times.
1 to search for kitty
2 to watch sleepyhead kitty
3 to watch you
lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice stuff here man!

3 Likes

So how are you all doing this week?
This was a really easy oneā€¦haha for some reason I thought it was going to be a bit harder!

Has anyone figured out a cool way to get out of this one? Itā€™s so boring to just kick the string out and drop the yo into a sleeper. Itā€™s hard to combo into anything cool from there.

I swear I popped the yo out of the tower and landed onto a trapeze on Monday. But now Iā€™m starting to second guess if it ever really happened as Iā€™ve been unable to do it again.

2 Likes

Actually itā€™s kinda cool, you donā€™t end in a sleeper a lot, so itā€™s a chance to do a Brent Stole or Hidemasa or any number of things like that.

2 Likes

Just get into a mount on the back string and keep goingā€¦

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t the prettiest, but I got one. Plus I havent shared video in a while!

https://gfycat.com/optimistichatefulboutu

7 Likes

So cool display man! Also I like a lot the video in general, colors are sick

After displaying the tower I let go the tower ā€œspikeā€ and I insert my nth into the loop thatā€™s created between my th and the yoyo. A bucket is created and you can then pop the yoyo out and keep going, I personally go on with more towers.

I found another good variation to mount the tower Iā€™m going to show you guys today

4 Likes

Working hard, lol.

doing some cheeky yoyo practices during a 6 way meeting.
Joys of working from home and telecommunications having a mute button :joy:

8 Likes

Nice job. I respect your skills!

4 Likes

Nice work peeps!!!

@twitch77 , thanks for keeping this up. Really helping the mental health. Between the virus, the kids being home and the stresses of work & life, its cool to have something to work on. Truly appreciate the effort here.

Thanks
kgb

5 Likes

Hereā€™s other two variations on the chopstick mount and the chopstick undermount

@MoonageMin Iā€™m in your same situation, hours and hours of meeting in smart working. Yoyoing is a great distraction. Good stuff btw!

8 Likes

Now that youā€™ve got the mirage towerā€¦is Moonage tower next? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hahahahaha!

One day if I ever create a new tower, Iā€™ll name it the Moonage tower and credit you for the inspiration:)

4 Likes

Itā€™s so nice to see so many active with this challenge this week!! :smiley: :heart:

Nice job on the Mirage Tower Moons!
Andā€¦ @ChrysaeThrows bossing it up as always!

4 Likes

Mirage tower! I have tonightā€™s assignment. Thanks. Excellent video. Getting paid to practice yoyoā€¦ good life moonmanšŸ˜‰!

Seriously just kidding. Hope everyone is well.

3 Likes

I did one! Sorry for the bad angles.

6 Likes

That was very smoothā€¦ love the chopstick hop. Good stuff. . And i love the yoyo color string combo.

@MoonageMin i learned the mirage towerā€¦ looks a bit like a holographic tower like every other trick i need to smooth it out.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a cool little trick, but I canā€™t take the credit, @ryanmcg recommended it to me to learn.
Top man :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lovely work there Adam!

3 Likes

Very cool @adamantiumpops and great job on the Mirage Tower @AKYOYOMIKE!! I havenā€™t tried the trick yetā€¦but it is on my list of stuff to work on for this up coming week!

Thanks again for the glove @AKYOYODRā€¦it really is much nicer then I was expecting and I think Iā€™ll be using it a lot!

Alsoā€¦

I figured it out :smiley: You pop the yo off the string once youā€™re in the tower and land on top of all the stringsā€¦then drop the strings off your fingersā€¦youā€™re left in a trapeze but thereā€™s a twist around your non-throw hand pointer so you have to twist your hand out of thatā€¦then youā€™re in a trapeze and ready to move into combos :slight_smile:.

lol Iā€™m horrible at explaining things.
I got a video of me landing itā€¦was trying to combo into a Triple Tower but I really botched it up! hahaā€¦decided to just roll with it.
I like this combo though so Iā€™m hoping to get a clean vid of it up later today or tomorrow.

8 Likes

Nice transition to trapeze @twitch77!

You can get rid of that twist by doing a jump rope and that would look kinda cool :slight_smile:

4 Likes