MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Green! gloves.
Truly a man with great tastes!

4 Likes

Billiard gloves :wink:

3 Likes

Barrel roll combos? Was farting around with this earlier on a smaller yoyo but decided I wanted to take it a step further with a near flea-sized throw (itā€™s the Kun, not the flea but still small enough). Front style tricks are kind of nostalgicā€¦one of the first tricks I picked up on back in 2010 were anything in split bottom mountsā€¦from barrel rolls to atomic bombs and split the atom.

5 Likes

Very fun! :smiley:
And I want to come over and play with all the toys on the back shelves!!

3 Likes

Word. Check out that Gumby/scorpion. Such an intimidating ninja!

3 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows i just ended 3 combos with the momentum bind! Ugly, not chrysaeSMOOTHE but it was successful. Thanks for showing us that. Now i got to figure out your sidestyle Boing! Fantastic

4 Likes

Lately Ive been going for the momentum bind whenever I end up in dub or nothing. Its just so fun!

I also just got myself a sherpa, so I decided to learn some of these frontstyle elements responsive which has been pretty fun!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome :smiley: Good for you!

3 Likes

I love a classic Split the Atom that ends with a loop. Working at ending it with a moon instead but proving to be difficult.

3 Likes

My enthusiasm and confidence has been shaken this past month or soā€¦and I feel lightyears behind everyone here. Itā€™s frustrating, but is what it is. Iā€™m a slow learner and am slow to progress.
That being said, I love this hobby and the community. Iā€™m going to keep plugging away.

Hereā€™s a simple combo with some barrel rollsā€¦I completely skipped learning barrel rolls till this week.

And Iā€™m starting to get the picture slideshow trick we did a while back down pretty well I think.
Iā€™m also working on a new bind this weekā€¦Iā€™m rusty with it, but itā€™s easy, effective and looks pretty good IMO.

8 Likes

Your control and smoothness are notably improved! Really nice work!

3 Likes

Frontstyle coming along. I actually enjoy doing these barrel rolls a lotā€¦ except when i miss towards my face!

6 Likes

Very nice @AKYOYOMIKE :smiley:

2 Likes

Man, I wish @MoonageMin was still part of this challenge :frowning:.

Haha @twitch77 sorry man.
And sorry everyone, I have been coming home from work past midnight everyday these days. And havenā€™t been able to do anything (including yoyos :frowning: for the whole week.)
I am so behind on life in general. Hopefully it stops being so busy at work soon and I can get back on track.

4 Likes

I just hope itā€™s work that you enjoy doing. Youā€™re a high energy, passionate, focused person whoā€™s great at getting things done. I donā€™t know what you do for work, but I bet that youā€™re amazing at it and theyā€™re lucky as hell to have someone like you on their team.

Sorry for the guilt trip hahaā€¦I just miss you man! :sob:

4 Likes

Thanks man! It was an honor to show you guys that.

@twitch77 great progress man! Love your combo!

@MoonageMin canā€™t wait to have you back!!

3 Likes

WEEK #14 ā€” NINJA VANISH

Iā€™ve heard a lot about this little element! Looks pretty intimidating to me to be quite honest! hahaā€¦Iā€™ve heard that once you start landing it, itā€™s not so bad though (a lot like Hidemasa Hook was for me).

Thereā€™s a really simple combo in one of the videos below that uses a Trap+Bro Slack directly into a Ninja Vanish that looks really neatā€¦can you guys think of any other cool combos that incorporates Ninja Vanish?

8 Likes

Great trick and indeed, it is not so difficult when you understand the mechanics behind it.

Well, Ninja Vanish puts you in a front-exit GT, which can be the start of a lot of great tricks.
One that I love is the ā€œAndrew Bergen META Red Triangle Slack Combo YoYo Trickā€ of which you can find a tutorial from YoYoJoe. In this trick specifically you find a move to transfer from a Green Triangle to a Red Triangle (GT without a knot). Red Triangles are great to learn Suicides, since if you miss them you do not end up with a knot. I usually use Ninja Vanish to enter Red Triangles and practice suicides.

2 Likes

Assuming i do the ninja vanish correctly (pure luck i landed it a few times)ā€¦ when i dismount front into trapeze, should i have a twist in the string or should i be in a totally clean trapeze?

2 Likes