MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

ah ha yes thank you!

3 Likes

My friend, you are more than welcome
Itā€™s easier when you are the composer of the post and know what search words to make this pop up instantly.
If you get stuck again search for ge4yo

2 Likes

will do

2 Likes

This weekā€™s trick looks fun and challenging. Thank you @twitch77

3 Likes

Ive been lurking around here for a little bit but figure its time to join in the fun! Never tried injections but got the hang of it pretty quick from the mrmatio vid. Time to learn the trick!

4 Likes

Welcome dude. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I learnt reverse hook and Brent stole today. That was kinda cool :slight_smile:

Reverse hook

Brent stole

9 Likes

Sick. Awesome progress.

3 Likes

My best injection so farā€¦ https://youtu.be/nZ-gdzinkB4

4 Likes

Nice job AK!! Thatā€™s about where my best has been so far as well.

Really havenā€™t put the time into this like I should be this week. Been a crazy busy/stressful week for me.

I find having a thicker string helpsā€¦but still I canā€™t get the string to fly up super high like in the tutorial video yet. Also having issues with the yo touching my hand/thumb when placing it between my index finger and thumb. Just one of those things Iā€™m not use to yet.

3 Likes

Thick stringā€¦i just realized i pt a fresh fat kitty on that, previously i ws using regular. Might be the difference.

4 Likes

Gripper pads, high walls.
These all help too

2 Likes

I donā€™t really modify my yoyos muchā€¦ only tiƱe ive changed bearings is when i had to.
What are gripper pads?

2 Likes

ah I wasnā€™t suggesting you modify your yoyo.
Do you own more than one yoyo by any chance?
If you do I hear ones that have higher inner walls, and also those that have tighter binds as opposed to slippier binds inject better.
@JWaugh is the main man to ask for injection tips :slight_smile:
I havenā€™t even tried yet so everything I am saying doesnā€™t cone from experience but purely from what I read before around forums etc

8 Likes

@JWaugh

4 Likes

Thanks for the correction dude :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking great so far dude. Iā€™m pretty close with it too. It seems to be important to feed the string in a little bit but I donā€™t have it consistent enough to say for sure. Iā€™ve found a bunch if ways to have the string spew out of the bottom but iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s of no help :rofl:

2 Likes

Do you guys have issues with the yo touching your hands/fingers getting into the mount too? Or else sometimes I donā€™t give myself enough string for the yo to sit on, so when I do get into the mount it either touches the bottom of my hand, or I donā€™t have enough room to get the string fed into it.

I really need to commit myself to spending some time on this trick here over the next couple of days!

4 Likes

just loosen the pinch a little to let a little bit more slack out. Seems to be a fine point between having the right position and the wrong one. Iā€™m pretty sure that the siding your nth towards the yoyo is important to how the rejection goes. I have a day off tomorrow so Iā€™ll do a bunch more work on it and report back.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m finding it really tricky to get into that chopstick-ish mount without bumping my hand. Then of course I lose enough spin to make the injection not work!

Finding this one much more tricky than difficult

4 Likes