MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Yes please I would really appreciate that! :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome, I’ll start doing that :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re a good man Charlie Brown…or green apparently.

3 Likes

Last night’s jam session, i landed a clean Jason ladder (i still didn’t get a clean video of ot til now, and i still owe a clean kamikazi) here’s jason ladder and a bunch of failed attempts at finger spins (i think it’s improving) #%@&

5 Likes

:+1:

Try the finger spin without gloves, making contact with just your finger nail. A Shutter is a hard yo-yo to learn to spin with though. Have you tried any others?

2 Likes

Any one want to see my atrocious progress (Hm maybe not the right word) or lack there of the Absurdity challenge? Lol

4 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

My only progress so far is of me flailing my arms trying to learn figure 8s :rofl:

I’ll try and record something lol

3 Likes

@MoonageMin u should post your progress here. Im sure we are all interested and ready to cheer u on bro

3 Likes

Nice and smooth on the JL Slingy by the way

3 Likes

Okay embarrassing levels but here is my current progress.
Can kind of do the first little bit that leads up to the hook.
Kind of but looks meh.

Now need to keep practicing until I can do it without looking like a pee pee.

And also do the rest of the trick hahaha

#LunchBreakPractice @work

11 Likes

Here’s my fingerspin practice so far. Hops are new, whip to helix bind I new and I hope to start this off with a banana turnover. I’m hoping to have this all down with a different yoyo by the end on the weekend so that might be a bit ambitious.

Fingerspin first practice update

5 Likes

@Oddb0y that was fantastic

3 Likes

Hm, it seems learning to finger spin at work is not a good idea.

Introduced vibe to my otherwise dead smooth VTWO…
Oh well… EDC beater now.

5 Likes

Cheers buddy. Currently trying to get Jason Lee’s sling even a patch as smooth as yours!

3 Likes

Daaamn dude I hope that wasn’t your telly! Have you gone through tuning a yoyo yet? All might not be too lost. I’ve bounced many yoyos on the floor many times over and got away with it plenty so I doubt the throw will be damaged. Maybe a battle scrape or two but should be reet

3 Likes

Dude are you kidding me? haha…no no! You’ve got nothing to be embarrassed about!
The fact that you’re taking on such an absurd challenge is something to be super proud of man! And the progress you’re making on the trick is great so far! You’ve only been at it a day or 2 now!

You’re not letting other people’s…or more importantly…your own…doubts hold you back! I have a TON of respect and admiration for you Moons!

No my friend…there’s NOTHING to be embarrassed about here!

3 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE Woot! :smiley: Nice Lee Sling man!!

@Oddb0y YES! That was fantastic! LOVED the little ‘yes!’ you gave yourself after landing it! haha :smiley: What throw are you using?

3 Likes

haha I just shouted ‘OH MY GOD…OH MY GOD!’ really loudly at my computer screen, like a lunatic football fan does while watching football on tv! haha

Damn man…that really sucks. Maybe you can try to tune the vibe out?

2 Likes

Cheers buddy. Im using a plastic skyva, hence it kinda feels like cheating. That’s why ideally I’ll have the whole combo done on a different yoyo. . Although I learned fingerspins at least a year ago I’ve not practiced them at all during play so this might be the most time I’ve spent learning them! I usually cut out me getting really excited after getting a clean take but this is progress updates so all stays in

3 Likes