MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

So my vote goes for a pause…however if Moon is the only one here that’s going to be attempting to tackle this separate OPYOYOs challenge…than I see no reason for the rest of us to pause the trick a week.

Things will come up for all of us during the year and we all may need to dip in and out of this challenge as things arise. But that’s totally okay…feel free to jump back in whenever you’re ready to!

So maybe Moon should go WTFPawn this challenge, and we’ll keep on keeping on with this challenge!

But if there’s going to be several of you guys that will be working on this other challenge…then yeah, I’m all for taking a pause so that you guys can do so without missing out on this Trick-A-Week.
I’d spend the next few weeks smoothing out the previous tricks and working on speed combo stuffs.

Also, I feel like this week’s trick was a let down to a lot of people. Just not all that exciting. Some of you can already do it, and for others it’s just not all that fun of a trick to work on.
Sorry for picking a less than stellar trick this week guys!
Hopefully the next will be more enjoyable!

However

I’m not really a fan of doing this. I don’t want to confuse things and I don’t want to really set a habit where we start switching and adding tricks through the rest of this challenge.
Some of you can do Finger Spins already…but not everyone.
It’s not up to me, but I don’t really want to start changing tricks mid week.
I’m sorry again for picking this trick this week guys.

2 Likes

Hey you guys do as you see fit. I just commented because I was excited to try Chaos’ trick.

I visit this thread frequently, drop likes on all trick videos and read it because what y’all doing is the coolest. There’s nothing better than trying to actually better yourself as a player by learning tricks. That’s where the value of the hobby lies for me.

4 Likes

In @twitch77’s defence I totally pushed him, or nudged him more accurately, to do finger spins lol during our top secret board meeting in our tree house.

I change my vote. Looks like the vast majority wants to carry on, I’ll dip out and catch up when back.
Let’s keep the momentum going!!!

I would have paused if everyone was doing this so it’s like a field trip within the trick a week. but I don’t like the idea of everyone pausing either because that is just whack.

I have spoken, this is the way :rofl:

p.s. figures 8’s are hard, I haven’t even looked at the rest yet lol

3 Likes

I’m with you on sticking with the trick. Also, don’t apologize for fingerspins. I’m slowly learning them because of this challenge, I’m sure, like everything else I learn, it will lead to learning more. The weekly challenge is more about challenging myself to grow as a yoyo player than anything else

4 Likes

Exactly what @French said.

See my previous comments too :slight_smile:

Can’t please everyone @twitch77 important thing is that we please ourself and nothing else matters :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Lots of self love…i too am apreciating the finger spins despite my inability. This challenge has also stated to teach me video editing… trick a week is a ton of fun.
Twitch u picked well with fingerspins…dont care how we continue i would like us to pick another trick sunday to keep the momentum. I am sure we will do that anyway in some capacity so lets keep throwing.

3 Likes

totally agree on Akyoyodr on this. My vote is to go on with the Trick-a-week challenge. I’ll continue to follow that and post videos on the proposed tricks.

However, I’ll be trying the OPYOYOS Absurd challenge in parallel. That trick is dope, and honestly I don’t think it is impossible, the hard part will be to land the hook to tower. The rest seems to be quite affordable, maybe not at that speed. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My thoughts are that it’s very possible but it won’t be easy. I know of plenty of people who skipped fundamental tricks and dove straight into techy tricks or whips. I know one guy who learned brent stole before he could bind. I understand if you think it’s a bit much for you and I don’t think it’s wrong for you to bail on it, but I do think if you believe in yourself and take the time, you can get it done in the time you’ve got.

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with this and highly encourage anyone who thinks they can tackle this…to go for it!

2 Likes

The plan is that we’ll continue this Trick-A-Week challenge. A new trick will still be posted this Sunday :D.
Moon’s going to go destroy this OPYOYOS challenge like it’s nothing to him for the next few weeks…but me and a bunch of you guys will still be here pounding away at this Trick-A-Week :D.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, good for you! :smiley: I’m rooting for you!!

2 Likes

HERE I AM!!! :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Woah. That’s straight up weird.

4 Likes

Wasn’t this weirdo you? :joy:

2 Likes

H later went on to buy 4 DRs and spark all of them at once. He was a weird dude.

3 Likes

I don’t mind what happens because I can’t even keep up with either this thread or a trick a week challenge!

3 Likes

I gripe and moan and often find I can do something that looked hard, and then find it completely impossible to do something that I thought looked easy. So I always try regardless. But seriously, that trick does look hard eh eff. But it is so dope I’m getting high just looking at it.

3 Likes

Nobody has ever described my tricks with such praise so I don’t really know how to react…

Thanks?

:joy:

4 Likes

I’m still playing catch up so I’m fine either way with whatever people decide to do with pause or no pause. Probably won’t be getting on board with competition but I always say that. Weather I’ll have time to learn or not will be a different matter but I’m not too fussed really. More than happy to help out anyone who does go for it if I can though.

3 Likes

Hey, would you like me to start sending you a private message each Sunday letting you know what the new trick will be for the week along with a video tutorial?

3 Likes