MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

That’s really cool man. Trick a week has motivated me to (try to)smooth out my play in general, and I’m finding that’s really improved my consistency. Anyway, I don’t really Instagram, but I’ll follow you anyway next time I check out Instagram. It’s really cool how everyone is getting something out of this, regardless of skill level.

3 Likes

Hi folks,

Looks lie I’m about half way caught up. Kamikaze is ridiculing me currently but it’ll get there. It looks like everyone is doing great so far. A big thanks to @JustAnotherYoYoEr for the tutorial for smoothie. I’m having a bunch of fun with that and Mexican duck pond. This will be this week’s Instagram video too but i wanted to post it up here first.

7 Likes

Man those were SICK!

4 Likes

I’ve been throwing a while. Just really want to go back over stuff and learn properly as I’ve blitzed through tutorial after tutorial for pretty much three years now and retained almost none of it :rofl:

4 Likes

Dude! Nice!! :smiley:

haha is it the Magic Drop that’s giving you issues with the Kamikaze? I think just about everyone stumbles on that one!

2 Likes

Sensei, looking good!
welcome to my dojo hehehe

i love how you seem to do the weakest throw ever, and make it smoothhhh

3 Likes

Strangely enough, it’s not the magic drop. When the camera is on it seems to be I either miss the kamikaze mount bit right at the start or don’t manage to get on top of all the strings right before the magic drop. I either hop up and back down or over the string completely. It’ infuriating but in the best kind of way!

2 Likes

Cheers buddy. It turns out I had been throwing too hard for ages. Didn’t realize until I got a couple of new throws before Christmas and one of them was a bit vibey. Turn s out it was just me. It happens for me on regens too. I still get a little giddy when doing them and regen way too hard. I had done a few of the tricks previously so i really want to make a better job of the tricks this time round and help folk out if I can.

3 Likes

Yeah, almost all the post I have seen you make on BYYA or other places have been to help other people.
I know you have helped me a ton when getting started.
That’s why we love you and why you are my sensei :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay…new trick announcement!

So I like tricks that I feel would look really neat to people who know very little about modern yoing, and I’m also getting in a Puff Adder (should be here tomorrow!) and was suggested I learn this next trick with it because it’s suppose to be really good for it…

So…this week I’ve picked Finger Spins as our next trick! :smiley:

WEEK #6 FINGER SPINS

These 2 videos cover a TON of things for this trick!

I hope this trick is okay with you guys! I’m always a bit afraid of picking tricks people wont like! lol

8 Likes

Finger spins! I thought chopstic gyro flop and suicide was out of my comfort zone.l… that’s the point .of thisr right. You’re grand.
What makes a good fighter spin yoyo? Im sure i have one. I don’t have a puff.

3 Likes

You are gonna love the puff adder. That thing is loads of fun to play and will finger grind longer than any other throw I have.

2 Likes

The trick that everyone always wanted to learn but have been putting it off until now.

Dang.

Also I feel the need to add a disclaimer.
@MoonageMin and @twitch77 is not responsible for the injuries and house damage about to follow. Learn at your own risk :joy:

3 Likes

The Death Adder is the best finger spin yo-yo I’ve ever used(the Puff Adder should be similar). It’s a finger spin machine.

My second favorite is the Wide Angle Shutter. It’s flat cap requires more skill, but you can manage surprisingly long finger spins with it, and it’s width makes it really easy to do horizontal binds.

3 Likes

I realized that the first part of Smoothie can be used as an intro to Mexican Duck Pond…

9 Likes

What a way to combine the two. That polished glass finish is :fire: what yoyo is that?

3 Likes

That’s pretty sweet man. I like that a lot more than vanilla mex duck pond.

3 Likes

That is a well used YoYoJam Phenom that I purchased on the BST a few years ago.

6 Likes

My daughter went to the future (tomorrow evening, Monday Jan 6) and recorded a video of me doing a pretty bad finger spin+vortex bind :rofl: My daughter is literally the best kid ever :heart:

6 Likes

Um this challenge starts Monday Ryan, so this submission is disqualified :joy:

What a happy video. Love it!

Still disqualified though :rofl:

2 Likes