MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Check again fool! :rofl:

2 Likes

Wide shutterā€¦i knew i had something availableā€¦ here we go.

3 Likes

Check again, my house, my rules :rofl:

Oh and also itā€™s my birthday :laughing:

3 Likes

Amazing daughter! Pretty darn good finger spin

3 Likes

[In my best Indiana Jones voice] Fingerspinsā€¦it had to be fingerspins.

Iā€™ve got 3 yoyos that I can basic fingerspin on. I guess those and some others will be getting some fingerspin time this week

5 Likes

Fineā€¦ I will make another finger spin video, but only because itā€™s your birthday.

But 4reals though, happy birthday!

3 Likes

Thanks man!

Iā€™m just kidding by the way, your video is totally valid :slight_smile:
(In case it wasnā€™t obvious)

3 Likes

In all seriousness(as if Iā€™m capable of seriousness :rofl:) I want to do a better video. That wasnā€™t very good. The angle was off and I landed on the rim and killed most of the spin, itā€™s amazing the vortex bind even worked. With most yo-yos you do want to land with it tilted, but that was a bit much. The Death Adder can land flat and spin smoothly for an insane amount of time.

3 Likes

Yepā€¦gotta agree with the Moons on this one Ryan.
Disqualified and does not count!
FAIL!

:rofl:

How long have you been working on Finger Spins? Iā€™ve not attempted any yet (waiting on my Puff Adder! lol).

@MoonageMin Happy Birthday man!! :partying_face: :birthday: :partying_face:

@French Yeah I use the Trap+Bro Slack in a little combo that ends with a Gondolaā€¦Iā€™m also working on using it to lead into Kamikaze as well :D.

This video is a couple of months old and Iā€™m too lazy to make a new video on it lol.

And the Kamikazeā€¦again this is an older vid and I mess the end upā€¦but Iā€™m too lazy to make a new video!
I actually have a lot more I want to add to this Kamikaze combo and when I finally get it down itā€™s going to be sick! :smiley:

10 Likes

Gondola is a great trick, total crowd pleaser. That is a great idea.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t really say Iā€™ve been working on finger spins. I learned to do them like a year and a half ago, and I just do them for fun now and then. I taught my nephew tooā€¦ sorta, he watched me and I gave him pointers and he eventually got it once he calmed down enough to catch it instead of smacking his finger into it sending it across the room.

I like your combos! Iā€™m not very creative, so coming up with combos is very difficult for me.

2 Likes

Ooh that gondola is sweet. Need to learn that soon!

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite yo videos Iā€™ve ever seen.
Goes perfectly with our weekā€™s trick!

@smileypants707

8 Likes

The whip part of Gondola is SO damn satisfying!!

1 Like

Itā€™s the first time I saw that trick

1 Like

Talking about combosā€¦

@MoonageMin
You like to combo a bunch of tricks together on a single spin (something Iā€™m striving to get better at everyday)ā€¦do you usually just let things flow and move from element to element as they come to youā€¦or do you plan the combos out first?
Or a mixture of both?
Like the video where youā€™re on a bus in the publicā€¦was that just going with the flow of thingsā€¦or was that a pre-thought out combo you busted out?

1 Like

Kind of both.
So itā€™s easier for me as my list of tricks I know is very limited. So normally when I play around I just try putting things together and see what sticks or flows well.
So I donā€™t plan things when I do it, but I have a decent idea on how some tricks would go well with each other.

2 Likes

Hey, since noticing you guys are working on fingerspins. This tutorials by Rewind fly under most peopleā€™s radar but are some of the best Iā€™ve found. They cover a lot of small details other tutorials omit.

Hope this helps yā€™all.

9 Likes

Thank you @EOS44 this is awesome

4 Likes

Happy birthday @MoonageMin !!!

Fingerspin, cool! I love it. I have a metal skyva that I bought one year ago just to learn fingerspin. Iā€™ll try to post some video later today.

1 Like