MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

And 9 of @chaosgow’s yoyos

3 Likes

oh cool! is he hanging with y’all?

3 Likes

Yeah until tomorrow to play yoyos :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hell yeah you’ve made progress! :smiley: Nice job moons!! Loved the Sky Bind at the end!! haha :smiley:

4 Likes

lol :smiley: I can always tell when it’s your wife behind the camera because of all the cool edits and effects! haha

3 Likes

Made the picture pretty for you!
You’re welcome!!

4 Likes

Holy… :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Okay I’m jealous of this lol
I don’t have any IRL friends that throw :confused:

6 Likes

I doubt many of us do. I had my nephew really into it for a few months… he got tired of it when he had to actually make an effort to learn new stuff. It’s not an easy hobby to get other people interested in, and when you do it’s often brief.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve given some yoyos to friends, and they messed around for like a week or two, but it hasn’t stuck with anyone yet. Definitely tough to get someone into a hobby that requires a fair bit of time and patience (especially as adults when our time is generally fairly limited).

5 Likes

Yeah, me and a life coach have talked about doing a yo-yo class for some kids in my small town…but this is one of the things I’m afraid of…the kids are just not going to be all that interested in it.
It takes a lot of dedication to start getting good at this hobby…I think most people quit because in their hearts they want to be pulling of all these super cool tricks…but the reality is that it’s going to take a ton of effort to get there.

What I’d really love to have in real life…is a group of people around my age or older who are way better at yoing than I am and who could teach me a thing or 2 and show me things in person and tell me exactly what I am and am not doing right.

5 Likes

Same here - especially when you’re struggling with something it would be nice to have someone there to be like “oh hey, this is what you’re doing wrong, do this instead”

4 Likes

I love Matt. Legend

3 Likes

Lol after trying your monocle. It’s convinced Matt to buy one :rofl:

2 Likes

Ey up folks! Is it too late to join in with this? I’m more than happy to get all caught up quick. Also, this is my first post on here!

7 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the boards @Oddb0y :smiley:

And it’s a perfect time to join in! :smiley:

Here’s a little reftersher on the tricks we’ve been working on so far!

WEEK 1: Kamikaze
WEEK 2: Jason Lee Sling
WEEK 3: Super Flow & the Sub Mount
WEEK 4: Mexican Duck Pond
Week 5: Smoothie

4 Likes

Never too late to join. It is all about challenging ourselves to learn something new, step out of our collection of go to tricks and add new ones. The bonus is we are all here to support each other doing it.

@MoonageMin @twitch77 pardon me if I spoke out of turn.

4 Likes

Agreed with everything French said.
It’s all about having fun and trying new things.
The goal is to hopefully be a little bit better every week. No huge pressure on things though! Some weeks will be tougher than others!

And the more people the better! :smiley:

3 Likes

Like Suoerflow. The hardest part is making it flow

2 Likes