MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I still sometimes feel weird yoyoing in public. It tends to draw attention and I’m extremely socially anxious as it is lol.

5 Likes

PFFFF! What a noob! Probably can’t even do rock the baby!!

lol dang man, you’re getting so good! That’s awesome!!

I still haven’t played around with the submount like you have. It’s such a neat mount because there’s so much to do from it.
I only practice for a limited amount each day and I’ve been so busying during my sessions working on other stuff.

Was this just freestyling? Or was this a combo you’ve been working on?

2 Likes

Same here.
I don’t even yo for my friends yet.

Doesn’t help that I’m still a noob lol. I really hope to be at a point someday where I know enough decent looking tricks to feel more confident yoing in front of other non-yoing people.

4 Likes

Got Mexican Duck Pond down pretty good - pretty happy with it

7 Likes

Wait.
What happened?

Sorry…I was distracted by shiny pretty green spinny thing!
Didn’t even notice you did a trick!!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

That was awesome man! Way to go! :smiley:
How consistent are you with this trick? Do you have issues getting into the chopstick mount? You made it look so easy and effortless in this video :smiley:

3 Likes

I’d say fairly consistent at this point. At first I struggled with the chopsticks part, but I figured out: how much string I need for it, how to hold my hand, and it helps me to build a little momentum by kinda swinging into and out of the movement before the chopsticks (about 3 seconds into the video).

4 Likes
8 Likes

Nice! Nice finger spin there too! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

My mystery box :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sweet! What a crazy good deal those boxes were!

What color Alta did you get and how are you liking it? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah they were. I got a black Alta. It’s pretty good. It handles everything I throw at it. I’ve haven’t played it too much though. I was actually really surprised by the Czech point. Seems like a solid beginner yoyo and the finger spin cups are probably the easiest of any finger spinner I’ve used.

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Wow Shatter that was so smooth!

Look at you too @Oroboryo breaking out the finger spins as well.

Man I need to up my game!

@ryanmcg haha yeah I like to focus on weak areas of my game. :slight_smile: so now I’m getting better at going into the kamikaze from sub mount.

@twitch77 hehe send me your AL7 Banshee and I’ll show you how to walk the dog :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Except with the Banshee it wouldn’t be walking the dog.
It’d be walking the rocket fueled fighter jet!!

2 Likes

lol I’m all over the place with this trick >.<’

Just had a practice session…and things were clicking pretty well. Did 5 or 6 of the tricks where it took me a couple of tries to get into the chopstick mount…
Then it finally happened and I nailed the trick from start to finish complete with a bind while hitting the mount on the first try!

lol one session I’m struggling like mad with the trick…the next I’m doing pretty well with it!

Who knows if this session was just a fluke…but I plan on working on it throughout the day and will video myself just in case I land another complete Mexican Duck Pond to come and share! :smiley:

4 Likes

I love throwing on my commute. Ive actually been filmed by someone and they pisted me to Instagram… my kids teacher showed me the video.
In public 99% of the time you are the most skilled player. Everyone will be amazed at your skill. Smile and keep throwing on the train.

6 Likes

Keep doing it. You will entertain everyone around you

6 Likes

That was awesome!

5 Likes

Yeah buddy

5 Likes

Sweet! Now you have already spoilt week 27 for us :rofl: /jk.

That is a cool looking trick. Might need to use that plus another that pairs well for one of the future weeks.

3 Likes