MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

revolutions is a cousin of 8’s in terms of learning how to weave the yoyo IMO

3 Likes

Ah thanks I’ll keep that in mind when we do 8’s for one of the weeks. Just to spite @twitch77hehe

2 Likes

@twitch77, here is my progress or lack there of so far.

5 Likes

Trying to take @Markmont’s advice to keep the yoyo moving. Still needs work.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6oqRLOBuix/?igshid=ebsyl66pnszw

5 Likes

Are you playing with a flat bearing?

2 Likes

Yes, playing the Markmont Classic with MC brass side effects and OD 10 ball

3 Likes

@Damb since now you have completed figure 8s does that mean we have the honour of having you join our trick a week challenge?
We have a smooth smooth trick coming up tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ve skipped around doing tricks that appeal to me, there are a ton of basics that I glazed over.
I may jump in selectively depending on the trick that week - if the trick doesn’t inspire me, I won’t have fun and yoyo will feel like work and not play :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

@Damb @MoonageMin @French

Wooo! Nice job guys!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you sir!

3 Likes

Well, here’s a video from me, finally. Sorry for the the cheezy canned music, I had to cover up some background noise.

6 Likes

Week 4, Mexican Duck Pond

5 Likes

ha! You guys are hitting this trick like bosses!!

Awesome job @pmdon & @ryanmcg!!!

3 Likes

Hey, @ryanmcg…how does your Endgame handle the gyro flop in this trick? I can’t seem to get mine to want to flop well at all! (a non issues with some of my other throws). Just curious if you have the same issues with it!

2 Likes

OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOOOOSH!!!

Guess what guys!!

IT’S SUNDAY!

Can we haz new trick now @MoonageMin!!!

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do we have to wait till Sunday evening! That’s still like 2 zillion hours away!

/sigh guess I’ll work on Duck Pond some more. I really want to get a vid of me completing the trick today to share with everyone. No promises, but it sure would be nice!!

4 Likes

Got it!!

9 Likes

So it’s not perfect…but that’s okay. I can say that I’ve now completed this trick for the week and for that I’m happy!
This trick has been a real challenge for me. It’s been frustrating and I’ve wanted to give up on it multiple times.
But the important thing here…is I didn’t. I kept on keeping on…I worked through the frustration and continued to work on it regardless.
I really do think struggling is a good thing with this hobby. And being able to push through that struggle without throwing in the white towel is key.

Oh, and I’m also pretty happy with this lighting setup. I think it works pretty well…you can easily see the string and my yo. I would like to have a bit of a closer shot…but my dang camera doesn’t zoom in so I have to place my tripod closer and I’m afraid that if I bring it much closer, I’m going to hit it with my yo.

Also…the song I was listening too is actually a pretty cool video on youtube. There’s a really neat electronic instrument called an Eigenharp…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Are you ready~~~~~!!!
New trick drops in 6 minutes.

2 Likes

MY BODY IS READY!!

3 Likes