MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

@anon17117379 more than happy to feature your tricks with as many cool elements as it contains.
I am however, still stuck on the bit in the middle where you have to hop out from behind and uncross your hands at the front?.. would love to see more angles of that bit in particular :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done! That was very smooth! All of them!

2 Likes

You did an excellent job of breaking it down. All the parts by themselves are much less scary—not even scary really.

The only problem I ran into was I couldn’t always see some details like which side the yo-yo was passing on, so another angle would definitely help.

It looked right to me; there should be a wrap around your index. Pinch the string with your TH and roll onto the back string, the pinch creates the slack. Swing it around the back of the yo-yo with the index side facing forward, then you should be in the Mach 5/Kamikaze mount.

I’m just past that at the first suicide thing, which isn’t too hard, I just haven’t gone farther yet.

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t say all of them, bouncy castle was pretty hop back on strings-y. Some of my family was over and I was a little stressed so I wasn’t doing the best when I was filming.

2 Likes

Trick-A-Week #49: Tyler Vienneau tutorial - rejection to GT

7 Likes

You choose some hard tricks don’t you…

3 Likes

Lol, it looks hard. But once he goes through the steps it looks doable. Give it a try, might be easier than it looks.

5 Likes

Last night i was thinking about a little combo i used to throw over a year ago. I thought it was cool. I threw the it well, FS and side, i even made it into a repeater. My family thought it was the most amazing yoyo trick ever… i thought about it last night and what i might do differently now.
Would i change the entrance, have some more Flare… use a different bind? Probably. So i set up the camera… one take. First was the original combo, then the updated. I thought it was pretty decent, and kept the original concept.
I cannt thank @twitch77 and @MoonageMin enough for organizing this thread. It’s changed and helped me more then i can express.
Thank you.

And we can’t forget my buddy @ChrisFrancz for his inspiration and Artistic contributions :wink:.

7 Likes

Advanced Notice : TaW Week #52 : 1 Year Anniversary Edition

Early heads up, for our 1 year anniversary on week #52 it will be an open session to reflect back on the year.
The week’s challenge is to submit a 1 minute freestyle of your choosing.

Try and make it as much as possible from tricks you learnt from the TaW selection of tricks you learnt from here over the year.

Only restriction is to be at least 1 minute, and under 1 minute 30 seconds, and it has to be 1 take, not edited stitched together videos.

On a personal note, I started yoyoing on Halloween 2019, and it has been 1 year and 5 days since I began as of today.

My good friend @anon17117379 is sponsoring the Reto Azteca International Yoyo Contest and have encouraged (pushed?) me to participate and enter.

Maybe that was just the motivation I needed, but on the flip side I had less than a few days before today’s submission deadline to suddenly come up with a routine and get it clean on camera.

Well… I unfortunately, failed to get a clean one take on camera, but I did give it my all!

Until my hand looked like this and I couldn’t continue anymore :joy:

Anyway today is the submission deadline and I have just submitted my 1 minute freestyle, and since I had the week #52 thing planned, here is my 1 min freestyle to kick things off.

Have fun building your routines people!

By the way this contest is held live this Saturday at 5pm Central Mexico Time on here :

Hoping some of your guys can cheer me along and check it out :slight_smile:

:heart: Moon

10 Likes

Just wanted to share this TAW family:

My teammate and I helped out a friend last week and did a video shoot. I can’t figure out how to share the video from face book. But if y’all wanna see me get down, here’s a screenshot of the page.

Look up “San Antonio Public Library Foundation” on Facebook and check out the video.

3 Likes

Nice! I dont remember the exact day I started but it was early October of last year. Happy Yoniversary!

I also really like how you usually land into GTs (like a 36sec). It just has a solid plop look that mine dont

3 Likes

Happy yoniversary to us :slight_smile:
Hehe thanks for the compliment bro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, it’s week 50 :exploding_head:, and with @MoonageMin’s assignment for week 52 coming up, I decided to go with something (hopefully) not too time consuming. And I always love mrmatio tutorials. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of you have already done this one, but it’s one I’ve had bookmarked forever and just never got to it till now:

Edit: if this is too similar to last week’s, I can pick something else :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Last week’s trick

4 Likes

@ryanmcg I like this trick. After landing this once I was like got to see if I can get this on camera. After about 40 tries, here is what I got.

8 Likes

Haha, very nice :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

You guys are really hunting me down aren’t you…

1 Like

You’re on fire! I looked at it last night and i thought it was doable but you got that smoothly at light speed!

2 Likes

@CPC bringing the heat!

Your 1 min free style is disqualified :joy:

2 Likes