MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Thanks y’all.

@MoonageMin yesssss, that would be great cause I was dreading the thought of making one. I suck at freestyles :rofl:. I can learn quickly from tutorials. But my ability to make my own combo is very lacking.

3 Likes

Yes so as I was saying you now need to submit a 3 min free style instead.
Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think you’ll do fine. You’ve done some really good combos I’ve seen here and on IG. Just put like 10 of those together so you can get to 3 minutes :grin:

2 Likes

I hopped out the wrong side the first time I landed it… with the double wrap, that makes quite a messy knot :rofl: As does landing the triangle on top of the string… somehow :upside_down_face:

But this is a fun one.

2 Likes

This wasn’t too bad compared to learning rev stole/ninja vanish rejection the first time. Hands position is super important for this, play around with different spacing and angles between your hands to find a spot with the most string pop.

4 Likes

Heh, speak of the devil… or yo-yo maker… came home to find this wonderful thing in my mailbox. It’s as good as it is pretty!

5 Likes

I love this first move! We used to call it a Flair back in 98. Still throw it in my combos…its a good starter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqiFx8RhNqP/

3 Likes

Week 51 here we go. I am honored to get to select this week’s pick. 5 and 1 add up to 6 which inverted is a 9 whos factores all add up to 9… this means nothing.

This week’s pick I’m sticking with forcing you people into front style! I’m sure we’ve all attempted this once… maybe some of you can throw a respectable version. Let’s see some videos! BOOMERANG! How many consecutive… how fierce can your boomerang be. Let’s practice.

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1rnmWHs6E/?igshid=1hbjoryi7ufi6

What boomerangs could be!
If you don’t have IG ask someone to show you this clip, it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Probably not the place to practice Boomerang but i figure everyone loves throwers after We Are The Champions.

I can’t deny i feel a bit emotional posting week 51. Thanks guys! I look forward to posting week 102 as well!

4 Likes

Don’t get emotional yet. Still have week #52 left for the big wrap up for year #1

3 Likes

Don’t tell me when to get emotional!
I’m glad i got that out…i just meant its the last week of the year to learn a new trick in this 52 week journey that this thread (thanks to @twitch77 and You @MoonageMin) has taken us on. I had the honor to pick this week’s trick so it’s no coincidence i picked a pseudo easy trick so i had a chance to post! I have punched myself in the face with numerous yoyos this week so I’m amazed i got this video.
I need to get back to work now.

4 Likes

I ran into an unexpected problem with my freestyle for next week…it was just about spot on for time but as I’ve been getting it smoother I now have like 10 extra seconds to fill :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Haha that’s fine man!
Don’t worry about it if the times are a bit off

2 Likes

TaW Week #52 : 1 Year Anniversary Edition

I know I already gave an advanced notice for this week but I thought it was prudent to post again.

Well, what a year, I can’t believe we are on week #52 already!
Thank you, to @ryanmcg, @AKYOYOMIKE, @ChrysaeThrows, @CPC, @ANGVS who joined the team later in the year to help keep his going strong!
My sincere gratitude goes out to my companion for this thread, whom I have the honour of calling my close friend @twitch77.
But most importantly, a massive thanks to everyone who has participated throughout the year to join in on our journey to better our yoyo skills.

For our 1 year anniversary on week #52 this week, it will be an open session to reflect back on the year and put your newly acquired skills to a test.
The week’s challenge is to submit a 1 minute freestyle of your choosing.

Try and make it as much as possible from tricks you learnt from the TaW selection of tricks you learnt from here over the year.

Only restriction is to be at least 1 minute, and under 1 minute 30 seconds, and it has to be 1 take, not edited stitched together videos.

Creating and running this challenge for a year was a humbling task, I have lost count on how many tricks I am behind on but I have also gained so many.

This has been a personal achievement for me, and I hope it has provided many of you the same source of motivation, camaraderie, and growth.

Min

8 Likes

Great job to you and the rest of the folks here challenging themselves to expand their skill sets into uncomfortable territory. Congrats of entering the freestyle contest and a year of throwing too! Hope your hands are doing better now!

7 Likes

Thank you Mike!
My hands are fully recovered now. And I no longer have an excuse to do another freestyle for the Trick a Week year 1 finale :joy:

3 Likes

When is this freestyle due

4 Likes