MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Thank you @EOS44 this will be great supplementary content for this week!

So there you have it folks.
This weeks trick is speed combo.
Thank personally my goal is to learn the superflow too because it looks cool and as my combos all incorporate cold fusion and buddhas revenge I was keen to have another element to chain into my standard idle yoyoing.

So this weeks challenge! Learn or get better at speed combos no matter your level. Either learn the basic combos posted here, or if you can already do it learn new types get better together!!

@EOS44 I think you might need some practice. If you get stuck let me know and I can help you (by pointing you in the direction of other people :joy:)

Now go!
Go practice hard and get creative!!

4 Likes

@twitch77 you an I can have a ā€œspeed combo dance-offā€! :laughing:

I am assuming you donā€™t know any too. Or if you do great, you have a head start. Letā€™s both try and get creative and use this week to go back and forth doing like a dance off/ rap battle esque thing. Letā€™s get our creative juices flowing and other people can provide the background sound effects. Oooh ahhhh booooo etc lol.
(Spoiler : everybody wins :slight_smile:)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Heck yeah man! This trick looks great and is a perfect little trick for us right now I think. It looks neat and can easily be added into combos as we continue to learn new things!!

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s basically my first one, but this one looked really awesome and doable with practice, and I wanted to challenge myself.
Is there another you would recommend?

4 Likes

Bro I freaking love Richie Branson- I only know like 2 other people thatā€™s heard of him lol

3 Likes
4 Likes

I really need to figure out this video editing software haha.

I can get into the submount through all 3 of the ways in the tutorial videoā€¦havenā€™t tried Super Flow yetā€¦I usually donā€™t yo till the evenings.
I did bump into a couple of really cool elements from the submount though this morning as I was goofing off.

Iā€™ll get a proper ā€˜progressā€™ vid up within the next couple of days!

2 Likes

Love the videos!!!
Yes letā€™s bring this on!
#battleforsuperrookie

To be honest I have to admit I saw this post and went
:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
I donā€™t even know any speed combos yet and Twitch is already calling me out (although I know I started it)
I was like oh dear he already knows some.
Hehe if itā€™s even playing field,
Itā€™s over Anakin, I have the high ground :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Pffft! You aint got nothing on me kid! Did you see my full body grind I got in there!?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a tutorial video for Super Flow from someone not sponsored by any competing shops:

2 Likes

This should have been your reply. :slight_smile:
I thought you liked starwars. Looks like this is going to be easier than I anticipated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Also speed isnā€™t my thingā€¦but I am looking forward to learning some speed combos and hopefully can one day get decent at yoing fast.

My goal though is to one day be slow, smooth and in complete control. Hereā€™s the guy I want to be like when I grow up! lol

@hobbygod

3 Likes

No need to be fast. I know itā€™s called the speed combo but doesnā€™t have to be focused on speed.
If you think you can do better than me in a week.
Iā€™ll happily watch your combo at slow speeds. If itā€™s super smooth :slight_smile: muhahaha

1 Like

2 Likes

Man, you picked out a great one this week Moonage! :smiley: :+1:

Been working on the mount and Super Flow for the last half hour and woo! This is a fun one!
The Super Flow is going to take me a couple of days I think. Itā€™s all about string placement on my fingers and then getting things to flow smoothly. Iā€™m very confident I can get there though! May not super smoothly just yetā€¦but I do believe Iā€™ll be able to get a few of these on repeat within the week!

And the mount! Oh wow! Thereā€™s SO many cool things to be done in this mount! Iā€™ve never spent any time toying around from this mount, but holy heck Iā€™m finding all sorts of cool elements to toy around with here!
SO glad youā€™ve picked this mount this week! Itā€™s such a great building blockā€¦a TON of tricks and combos can be made from this mount, and itā€™s always been a dream of mine to come up with my own tricks!

Dang Iā€™m looking forward to this week!!

2 Likes

Superflow has been the bane of my existence for quite some time. Iā€™m not really sure why, as itā€™s not even hardā€”I mean, I literally was doing it in a few minutes, I just canā€™t do it smoothly and repeat it without pause very easily. Iā€™m finally starting to get it though, so I like this week. Gotta hit those weak spots to improve at some point.

2 Likes

Yeah I have been working on superflow as well today.
The difficult bits I find are :

• I find the string wanting to slip off my nth finger when doing the first bit after the mount.
  • doing it without stopping straight from going into a 1.5 to the thing.

@ryanmcg yeah the reason why I wanted it to be Twitch and I is so that we donā€™t always get tricks that I would pick or Twitch would pick ans instead you get more variety.

When I play I donā€™t just practice my best bits. I practice my worst bits more.

1 Like

My wife made this for me.

3 Likes

Todayā€™s practice.

5 Likes