MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Welcome!

3 Likes

Awesome! :smiley:

Hopefully weā€™ll pick out some tricks you havenā€™t learned yet :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m okay with waitingā€¦I am really looking forward to the next trick though! lolā€¦itā€™s probably going to be super hard and all my excitement will soon turn into agonizing frustration! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Need moar trick!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Any tricks you guys are working on outside of this challenge lately?

I really like Triple Tower
Itā€™s actually pretty easy once you get it! And itā€™s fun and cool looking too!

Or Gondola is a really cool looking one thatā€™s super easy! I like to do a man and bro slackā€¦then end it with a gondola.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on this on and off for about a week or so

6 Likes

:scream_cat:

Hold onā€¦let me pick up my jaw!
lolā€¦that trick looks sick!
Making much progress on it?

3 Likes

Slowly, but surely. I set a goal for myself to try and learn a longer combo to help myself learn more elements to build my own combos with. Just taking it one step at a time.

3 Likes

Sweet. We should do this one next week :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know man.

Looks like it might be a bit too easy for us.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to try to participate this week!

3 Likes

Great!

Canā€™t wait to find out what the next trick will be!

3 Likes

is this your first rail combo?
If it is, then you kinda chose a difficult one to start with. If itā€™s not, then I canā€™t wait to see you nail it. Ryota Ogi is one of my favorite players ever.

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to give one a try; is there an easier one youā€™d recommend for my first?

1 Like

Okay so I havenā€™t heard back from Gemma yet.
So we are going to use that for my next trick in this case in two weeks time.

This week, in light of the above posts, letā€™s learn some easier speed combos kinda. This has been on my tricks to learn wish list for a while. And I think it is basically the first ones to learn when getting into speed combos. And I really want to have one in my repertoire.

TaW #3 Beginner Speed Combo & Superflow

So this weekā€™s tricks is two parts. As I feel like for the more advance people both of these tricks they would already have learnt. For @twitch77 and I, I am hoping these are still new things to learn.
Well it is for me.

So do part 1 and if you can do it and have time left do part 2 as well. Extra brownie points for learning both tricks and combining it into one combo.

Trick 1 :

Trick 2 :

Sorry I couldnā€™t get my friend to record a tutorial for the actual trick I wanted to share this week in time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool deal.

2 Likes

Is it ok to submit your own combo?

2 Likes

Sure. Yotricksā€™ tut on the sub mount is a good starting point.

My man blahmin made a very cool tutorial for a speed combo thatā€™s fairly easy (if you can stand the tiny lack of pedagogy of a teenager trying to explain something).

YoyoJoe made a similarly easy tutorial back then when puberty hadnā€™t hit him completely lol.

And finally. This iconic video posted by youtube yoyo legend toshiyotokyo, which is a very understandable rundown through what basically are the principles ohn how every speed combos works.

Have fun!

6 Likes

Yeah sure. If you watch the video these are basically elements.

• sub mount
  • sub mount to 1.5
  • sub mount to Kamikaze mount
  • sub mount to double or nothing
  • all these 3 back to sub mount

The combo itself looks like just flowing from the sub mount into one of these other mounts and back etc.

The superflow trick is just a 1.5 mount repeater trick.

As all of these are just elements you can make up your own combos as you like with these plus more :slightly_smiling_face:

Be creative!

Also these are just guidelines for the week.
Actually all of these are always suggestions only no one actually has to do any hehe.

So feel free use them, not use them, incorporate some of them. Get creative.

Like I said before, the
Only rule is have fun
Only goal is to be better this week than I was the week before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes