MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

lol nah…but I’m getting closer!

It’s funny how the first couple of days this was almost impossible for my brain to wrap itself around. I couldn’t for the life of me get my hands moving in opposite directions.
Then it just happened.
I wonder how many days I’d have to go without doing this trick…before I’d lose the ability to do it again.

3 Likes

I just re-watched the tutorial video I put up…and he wraps his non-throw hand all away around his other. I’m only going halfway…so now that’s my new goal before Sunday! :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha oops!!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I know who you guys are talking about though :rofl:

3 Likes

This has been really fun so far. I recently felt like my yoyoing has stagnated a bit, but these are going to give me a goal to strive towards each week. Thanks @MoonageMin and @twitch77 for taking time out your days to put this together.

3 Likes

That is awesome feedback and the exact reason we wanted to do this for ourselves and I’m glad you and many others are benefiting the same way too. I just started working on a cheeky wrist mount on the side too. Hehe. These are guidelines only so do as little or as much as you like. :slight_smile:
The only rule is have fun.
And the only goal is be a little better this week than you were last week

3 Likes

Yeah, I was just thinking about this, this morning.

Truly can’t thank you enough for your enthusiasm and everything Moonage! You’ve really been very encouraging and have really inspired me. I feel honored to be doing this trick-a-week challenge with you and really appreciate you taking the time and effort with this.

I think this is a great way to increase skill over time!

4 Likes

Also…is it Sunday yet! I’m so looking forward to seeing what’s next!!

4 Likes

Agreed. It’s been helpful for me as well having something specific to work on, and seeing other people working on the same tricks is great for picking up little details. Like I didn’t like Kamikaze until I saw it actually done smoothly, so I still do a few of those every day, ‘cause mine was unsmooth.

Thanks @twitch77 @MoonageMin @shatterFX @Oroboryo(where you at man?).

4 Likes

Man I’m killing it this week! This is the best week I’ve ever had with yoing! Holy heck I wish I could keep this momentum going forever lol!

My new record for Hidemasa Hook is 4 in a row and 14 in a single spin!

Not really much progress on Lee’s Sling from yesterday…but that’s okay :slight_smile:.

Hitting Kwyjibo much more consistently.

Hitting the easy part of Black Hops MUCH more consistently (the hop down from triple to trapeze).

My boings in Boingy-Boing are starting to look like proper boings! (still a long ways to go with this one!)

…And there’s a bind I’ve seen a million times and always thought it looked amazing. But never knew what it was called or bothered looking it up as I felt it would be too difficult for me.
Well I randomly found a tutorial for it today!
I’m not consistent with it…but I have hit over 30 of them today!! Now it’s only a matter of practice and time! :heart:

Man this week has been fun!
Really looking forward to the coming week! :smiley:

6 Likes

OH GUYS!!
GUESS WHAT!!!

It’s Sunday!

Can we has new trick yet now!?! :smiley:

5 Likes

Soon

3 Likes

Are we there yet?

3 Likes

Haha I believe a tutorial is being shot as we speak

3 Likes

We want tricks! We want tricks!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Okay so I know a video will be ready sometime soon.
But I don’t want to bug her either.
You guys happy to wait?
Or do I need to pick another trick?

5 Likes

Up to you - we can wait until it’s uploaded, or revisit it for next weeks trick. I’m okay with either way

5 Likes

Let’s wait a little. And if not uploaded by tomorrow morning my time. Then yeah I’ll pick another one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This looks like a great idea, already learned kamikaze and probably some of the other tricks you’ll cover but have long since forgotten it and a lot of other tricks, so it’d be great to take a refresher course!

5 Likes