MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I wish you all the best. Wish I could help but not sure I could due to college starting soon

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the little grind bind Iā€™ve been messing around with yesterday :smile:

10 Likes

Holy smokes dude that was DOPE!

2 Likes

Holy damn that talon grind at the end was amazing!

Oh you too! Love how you go from the finger grind into the talon! :smiley:

Very fun! :smiley: Really like this one!

Also, @ryanmcg nice job getting that grindjibo trick bro!

5 Likes

So cool!!

3 Likes

So I donā€™t know kamikaze, because stupid magic drop but I did learn slingy and I know how to do a cool grind slap bind thing. I donā€™t know if it counts if I send a video in and donā€™t learn kamikaze because I canā€™t do magic drop, but I would like to be a part of this!

3 Likes

Everyone is welcome to take part in TaWā€¦ but if you want to have some legit braging rights on this thread you need to post a successful video of your trickā€¦ attempts are welcome along the way as you can see by my half @$$ed videosā€¦ also i have not succeeded with every trick along the wayā€¦ so if you canā€™t do one donā€™t worry. Post your success, post your attemptsā€¦ post a cool work around.

3 Likes

Slingy:

Slap bind grind:

7 Likes

Yeah, that magic drop is such a pain! Donā€™t beat yourself up too much on it though manā€¦magic drop is tough! Even some of the best out there in the hobby admit that it took some of them years to get down (such as Brandon Vu).

Nice job on the Sling though! Thatā€™s a really fun one! Was it tough for you at first too? lol youā€™re moving your hands in opposite directions with it so itā€™s a bit of a mind boggler!

Anyhow, jump right in! Work on the tricks that interest you and maybe come back to the ones that donā€™t or are a bit out of your reach later if youā€™d like!

lol thereā€™s such a long list of tricks in this T-A-W Iā€™ve yet to get down.
Iā€™m stepping down to take a break from the T-A-W, but itā€™ll be nice to have all these tricks to work on when Iā€™m ready!

Have fun man!

3 Likes

Thanks, I got slingyā€™s motion pretty quick, it was just the yo-yo was hitting my hand and the string sometimes.

3 Likes

Whoa! lmao I thought you were an old man! >.<ā€™ The ā€˜dadā€™ in your username made me think you were a father haha

That bind is sick! Very nice!!

4 Likes

Ya, just a joke me and my friend came up with that name haha. Im older than I look btw lol.

4 Likes

Is the google doc still kept up with? If so am I supposed to update it?

2 Likes

I believe the Google doc is a you fill in your section kind of thingā€¦ and if the IT guys will deal with updating the trick list etc.

3 Likes

Nice. I figured you were a 45-55 year old guy with quite a bit of girth.

3 Likes

Iā€™m working on super flow atm, and the part where you undercut the string is proving challenging because of my finger going in between the wrong strings. Anyone know how to fix this?

3 Likes

Practice. Sounds corny but you have to get used to placing the string in the right spot along your index fingerā€¦ youā€™ll develop a feel for it. For like a month Streight id miss it completely or grab both strings. Go super slow at firstā€¦ exaggerate each moveā€¦ slowly smooth it out.

2 Likes

Use the thumb on your throw hand to separate the strings - doesnā€™t need to be by much.

3 Likes

Trick-A-Week Week #37: Sam Magallon Smooth Trick by Yoyojoe

One of the hardest parts of this trick is the slack at the beginning. I have made a vid to show an easier way to achieve the mount if you want to move past that part to practice the rest of the trick.

I can make it through all the elements so if anybody needs a help vid, let me know.

Have fun this week

10 Likes

I love the slack at the startā€¦looks deceptively easy. Kind of similar to the slack in a previous trick we did called Jackā€™s Slack. Iā€™m STILL not consistent with that thing!

2 Likes