MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

@cpc your on fire! No casual about throwing such a clean combo! Good job!

@twitch77 love this weeks pick! I don’t have any grinds under my belt yet.

5 Likes

Ok so grinds are cool… what yoyo finish is best for grinds? I can get a1 sec grind…i caught a half second finger talon grind and im hooked. What’s the fastest way to get more time out of this spin which im obviously slowing down with my fingers?

2 Likes

With all the Monkey Fingers you have, I’m kinda surprised you don’t have some of their Monkey Finger Buff. That stuff is great…it’s making my yos look fantastic and is making them wonerful with grinds!

2 Likes

In general plastics and raw don’t grind the best. Metal anodized work better I think.

3 Likes

Anodized and bead blasted.

@AKYOYOMIKE, The Absurdity is really good, the G2 Banshee SS is great for finger grinds, and all those MFDs should be pretty decent, and the Death Adder is hard to beat, and with the Death Adder I like to do talon grinds using the finger spin cups—fun and they spin forever.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of buff… i honestly haven’t used it… short of cleaning bearings and changes resp system i do nothing to my yoyos…i will buff one or 2 i have double of just to see what happens… maybe.

Thanks for the list… ill try them out @ryanmcg

3 Likes

Ok so dylan k Grinjibo that’s basically jade whip after a finger grind right?

2 Likes

It’s more like a reverse Jade whip. And you let it grind over your hand and just roll off the back.

3 Likes

Holy cow. I need to study that reply…
Oh wait…i think i am picturing it…

3 Likes

7 Likes

Lol, I got it on my first try. Following attempts were more typical. It’s not too hard though.

3 Likes

Love me some grinds! I’ve noticed that most finishes are okay for grinds with cold hands, and terrible with sweaty ones.

2 Likes

Hey @AKYOYOMIKE, have you tried your MF Buff? I’ve been really impressed with the stuff.

How about you @ryanmcg?

1 Like

Not yet

2 Likes

Me either yet.

2 Likes

Ok, I got it down.

Anyone else think Dylan Kowalski == Jesse Pinkman. I think the Mohawk is his disguise.

1 Like

Hey guys, here’s some ideas with grinds. First a grind to enter a wristmount, then after dismounting, I pretend to grind on my th index keeping the string into the gap, but immediately I grab the yoyo in a tallon grind instead, pulling the string with my th to bind.

11 Likes

Loving grinds… so short… @ryanmcg your throw recommendations are spot on. This is where im at after 3 days. I tried it FS and sidestyle. Ok so it’s not actually FS since a forward pass has the same spin direction as side style… can you grind well from a regular front throw or does the spin make it to hard to control?

https://youtu.be/gMYJ6iUAZ6Q

4 Likes

Glad I could help, and it looks like you’re on the right track man.

I can’t grind well with a regular front throw.

3 Likes

Looks great @AKYOYOMIKE!
And you can totally grind with a front throw, I find it a bit easier in fact.

I’ve been messing with a cool little grind bind today, I’ll try to make a video this week! :grin:

3 Likes