MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I think your to picky for my style, but i have to say @stringKnot you have a very sharp crisp OCD style that i think demands a SECOND jump rope in the same trick! You da man! :grinning:.

4 Likes

:rofl: thanks!
Itā€™s all about finding excuses to keep training those damn jump ropes.

3 Likes

Ladder escape was one of my favorite tricks when I was first learning it :blush:

3 Likes

The problem (for me) is that the cross armed GT makes it more difficult. At least itā€™s easy to practice, get there right from a 1.5 pretty quick.

Have you made any progress doing a jump rope out of the GT?

2 Likes

Yes I can land it with 30% success rate, Iā€™ll shoot a video tomorrow :slight_smile:

It does feel a bit awkward at first but luckily itā€™s the easier jump rope (imo) where you have to go away from you over the top and come back towards you to land the trapeze.

2 Likes

My time, focus and energy has been elsewhere this week and I havenā€™t put much time into throwing.

Iā€™m so impossibly behind in this Trick-A-Week at this point.
I wish I could go dig a hole, put my head in itā€¦then pretend no one could see me.

3 Likes

Sweet, I got the GT jump rope down pretty consistently. Itā€™s sort of odd uncrossing your arms and doing a jump rope at the same time, kind of ends up as one smooth motion. I like it a lot.

2 Likes

There is no catch upā€¦ just pick a trick work on it and post. All good.
Sometimes I also find it helpful to just practice a new element unrelated to what we are doing. Sort of gives you a small victory and then you take on the bigger trick.

Ill have to try the extra jump ropeā€¦ one dayā€¦i tried revisiting candy rain this weekā€¦ that magic drop over the nth is really a strange bird.

2 Likes

Well said @AKYOYOMIKE. This is what I do too. Some weeks are all about the TaW, others not so much.

@twitch77 If itā€™s not fun or youā€™re hitting a wall, just work on something else. When I hit a wall, Iā€™ll try to work on something similar, and sometimes that helps. And other times it doesnā€™t :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think you guys summed it up well.
Donā€™t beat yourself up over it @twitch77!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my take on this weekā€™s trick :smiley:

Also, to come back on this subject:

This one is for you, Ryan :rofl:

6 Likes

Nice job bro! That was really smooth. Interesting bind tooā€”Iā€™ve toyed with similar binds rolling into a brother mount and letting the yo-yo fly one direction or another. I used to always do binds that fly up, but I got tired of hitting my ceiling fan and waking up my whole family at night :sweat_smile:

That jump rope is sweet, also exactly what I meant yesterday when I said it was sort of all one motion. Itā€™s really satisfying.

Love the surprise bind video :joy: Iā€™ve got some good nicks on my throwhand from the past two weeks from the same triangle.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I love doing binds in multiple directions from Brother mount too!
From above is my favorite although it really comes back with a punch if I dare to pull on it just a little too much.

And yes, that last jumping rope makes the GT to trapeze feel much less awkward to me and feels very natural. Iā€™m really happy you like it too!

3 Likes

@stringKnot That was awesome.

Really liking this trick cause it has some elements that I can use in building combos.

4 Likes

My submission

7 Likes

I wish you guys had someone stronger running this thing then me. I havenā€™t been able to be a decent leader of this Trick-A-Week in months.
Iā€™m barely a participant anymoreā€¦let a lone someone who runs this thing :frowning:.

Trick-A-Week Week #36: Grinds

So this week Iā€™m leaving it openā€¦the goal is to work on grinds, but Iā€™m leaving it up to you guys to pick which grinds to work on!
This should be nice as it can be a challenge for everyone. Thereā€™s binds that are beginner friendly for those of us who are new to grindsā€¦but then thereā€™s grinds that are much tougher that those of you who are more experienced (or hungry for the challenge) can work on!
Hoping this can be a fun relaxing week for everyone :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s a nice intro vid to grinding:

Some cool grind binds:

And Dylan just put this cool grind video up on youtube today:

If you guys need more ideas for grinds to work on, just say so and hopefully we can come up with and share some cool suggestions!

6 Likes

@stringKnot & @CPC holy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦nice job to both of you! Both very clean and smooth! Love that you guys were able to get these on video :smiley:

3 Likes

Right back at you!
And I totally agree with you, great elements that fit very well even with recently learned elements like TaW #33 which has a really cool brother GT.

What a great idea, this looks fun!
Thanks again for spoiling us every week with such great tricks suggestions! :smile:

3 Likes

I forbid anyone to like @twitch77 self pitty post.
Shut up and throw. No one thinks Yoda is less then cause he didnā€™t show skills for a whileā€¦ walking around all greenā€¦ but dare question yodas leadership skills and im sure a forceful yoyo would smack you in the head.
You lead. You throw. You no worry.

3 Likes