MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

As promised a cleaner version.
Barefoot works better.

5 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE Looking good

2 Likes

Okay so hereā€™s a perfect example of where I get frustratedā€¦an example of the kind of brick wall I keep slamming my face into.

I canā€™t do the jump rope at the very beginning of Bouncy Castle. And it seems like it should be easy and that everyone else who works on this trick will figure this part outā€¦while Iā€™ll be eating everyoneā€™s dust like usual.
And its so frustrating.
My brain just is NOT understanding it. Iā€™m a complete mess. Just spent the last 30 minutes fumbling around making no progress.
I feel dumb.

And itā€™d be different if I had hope. If there was light at the end of the funnelā€¦if I felt like I was making progress and Iā€™d eventually get it down.
But I donā€™t feel any of that at all. I have no hopeā€¦Iā€™m making no progress and at this rate I feel like Iā€™m very far off from getting it.

And again, I feel insecure by the fact that I think everyone else is going to blaze through the jump rope.

Iā€™m frustrated and it sucks and Iā€™m not sure how to get over these frustrationsā€¦and I sure as heck donā€™t know how to get over the walls where I canā€™t get these elements down.

Just venting. Would love a discussion on this. Anyone else relate? Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I had a similar situation with the jumprope part during and wut.
Ofcourse @MoonageMin made a tutorial for me (US)ā€¦ way up this thread.

Start practicing jump rope from trapeze with the yoyo close to your TH. Get that downā€¦ then do it in the Sub Mount (triangle mount in bouncy CASTLE).

Illk try to link the tutorial moon made.

3 Likes

Me neither :rofl:

Rare occurence in which I succeeded was when I followed the tutorialā€™s instruction of making sure the yoyo hops high above the two strings.

I find it easier in the sub mount than trapeze personally. Probably has to do with how easier it is to keep the string straight.

3 Likes

So as i said i had a similar problem. Moons made this videoā€¦i practiced and hit 5 in a row. Then i did the submount easily.

4 Likes

Wow thatā€™s very interesting advice.
Thanks for sharing!
(And thanks @MoonageMin for the tips!)

For some reason I was always trying to keep the yoyo closer to my NTH, for the trapeze jump rope.

2 Likes

Me too. Once I got my brain around it, it became far easier than a regular jump rope. But a regular jump rope is easier to get your head around so itā€™s still good to start there.

Then with the sub mount jump rope, your just hopping the yo-yo up, and then very deliberately keeping just enough tension on the strings as you move the whole mount around the yo-yo.

Banging your head against a wall for 30 mins on this with no progress is hardly surprising.

@twitch77 just remember, for everyone on here who picks up some stuff quick, more people work countless hours to git gĆ¼d.

3 Likes

@twitch77 When we did and wut I had a super hard time getting the hang of the jump rope, to the point where I just found a way to avoid it completely!

What helped me was trying to kind of hop the whole sub mount (instead of just the yoyo) so you get that zero gravity sort of feel going before wrapping the string around.

5 Likes

So i was in the mood to learn a heart pic trickā€¦

Very easy. I was surprised that the GT is the same as in and wut and bouncy CASTLE.
The tutorial shows a entrance into the gt without using jumprope in the submount.
Thought it might help.

Heres my version :smile:

5 Likes

@twitch77 hereā€™s a video I took today during a filming session. I have exaggerated the movement but this is what should happen when you do the jump rope. I suggest you to practice this way until you get confident in doing all in one movement. Hope it was helpful

4 Likes

Very unrelatedā€¦ but a cool videoā€¦ food for thought. Dylann list his 5 top favorite tricks.
I wonā€™t spoil it but he does explain how to use Follow to adjust strong torsion.
4 out of his 5 almost everyone here should knowā€¦ some of you guys can actually do them all. I can do 2 :smile::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

4 Likes

2 for me too buddyšŸ˜‰

3 Likes

haha itā€™s nice to know itā€™s not just me! I thought for sure it was suppose to be a super easy element and I just suck >.<;

It makes perfect sense in my head. I watch how itā€™s done over and over (in 0.25x speed even! lol)ā€¦but in practice my mind just blanks and it no longer makes any sort of sense.

Iā€™ll keep working on it. Took a break yesterday but today Iā€™ll rewatch Moonā€™s video and keep on keeping on.

Thanks Chrysaeā€¦I might have to cheat on this jump rope this week so I can complete the rest of this trick with the hope of eventually getting jump rope down.

4 Likes

Super easy skip the jump rope completely without hurting the flow of the trick! Instead of hitting the top string before landing in sub mount, taking the yoyo under and behind the bottom string before landing on it sets you up like youā€™ve already completed the jump rope.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s exactly what the slack heart yo trick tutorial i found hast. Thank you for putting that into words. I always have trouble relating string formations

3 Likes

Yeahhhh I should have watched the video before I postedā€¦I described the exact move the slack heart mount starts with lol.

3 Likes

I spent the full week training the jump rope GT and can land it OK now.
Spent today learning the rest of the trick and I have to say itā€™s one of my favorite tricks.
Now just gotta smooth things out.

One observation about the end of the trick:
When going back to trapeze from the crossed-arm GT, it lands with a twist that needs to be corrected by twisting the NTH.

Well, just like Adam does at the end of his Ladder Escape tutorial, itā€™s possible to add a jump rope while hopping from the GT to trapeze, and you land with no twist!

I was always salty that I couldnā€™t land it when learning Ladder Escape, but nowā€™s time for revenge! Plus, it makes the end of the trick look even cooler. :smile:

How are you guys doing? :grin:

4 Likes

Anyone else have trouble with binds while landing in and hopping out of the GTs in this trick?

Otherwise Iā€™ve got it.

@stringKnot are you referring to doing a jump rope right out of the last GT, or landing and then doing it?

4 Likes

You mean surprise binds? I get them when exiting the GTs too. Itā€™s kinda stressfulā€¦ I just hop out of them as fast as possible now.

Right out of the last GT, a bit like Adam explains at 8:38 in this video:

3 Likes