MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Great pick dude! Love this trick. Can’t wait to start working on it

2 Likes

I think the slack in this is actually different then the jack slack trick in that i believe you have to catch the other half of the yoyo in each trick. The slack set up seems the same to me but the slack goes around the back half of the yoyo in the jack slack ( jack slack back half?) And in this trick we have to whip around the front…
. Did I get that correct?

2 Likes

Oh absolutely…like I said, it’s only “kind of similar”.

This trick is great, I’m having a lot of fun practicing it this morning. I have noticed one thing that is not explicit watching the tutorial: when you do the roll around your nth index (just after the “flare” part), you have to make sure to keep you nth thumb close to you index. Otherwise the string will fall off you thumb and you will not have the loop around it, which is essential to continue the trick.

Another thing, but this is just an info, practicing this trick will cause your string tension to get loose instead of tight. Not sure which part of the trick causes this, I think it is the initial slack. Speaking of the initial slack, it is very easy to achieve it by swing the string in front of the yoyo and simply catch it with your th index sticking out.

4 Likes

Oh so community picks are a thing now?

:smirk:

This looks like a great trick, I’ve watched the tutorial a bajillion times but just stopped learning it cuz I’m a bum.

So, I have practiced all morning long, one hour ago I started filming. I thought it would take two minutes to get a decent shot but as soon as I turned on the camera I literaly forgot how to land the trick consistently. Eventually I managed to land it one time out of a hundred tries. Watch

9 Likes

BEST VIDEO EVER!

Full sentence

1 Like

Hey sorry for the confusion guys!

So as you can see…someone besides me or Moons picked this week’s trick.
I’m needing to take a step back from this Trick-A-Week at this time, and Moons is being kept extremely busy with work and family.

So for now as we figure things out we’ll be having a select few people who have been active with this T-A-W pick our tricks for the week.

I’m sorry for any confusion guys. Things are moving right along though!
Thanks for this week’s trick @CPC!
I hope everyone has a great week!!

4 Likes

lol your first attempt in this video gave me such a big smile and a very good chuckle!
Not that I’m laughing at you…but because damn you had it! Then at the VERY end things went down hill VERY quickly haha. SOOOOOO relatable!

5 Likes

The video is intended exactly to be laughing at me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Damned cursed string anyhow! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Freaking awesome job hitting it in the end…and on camera…and smoothly!
Hell yeah man! :smiley:

2 Likes

This week trick looks very fun and challenging.
You learn so fast @ChrysaeThrows :star_struck:, gotta say I really love how the GT element looks at the end.

Very cool grind bind @100FatYoyoDads!

I hope I’ll find the motivation to throw soon, but the heatwave we got here since last week is utterly destroying me and my will to do anything. :hot_face:

7 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows Awesome vid

@stringKnot Ya I like that Gt and have been trying to figure out how to do it before learning this combo.

I made a vid on how to get into the final part for the gt. I’ve been taking elements from these tuts and this is one I’ll be holding on to to add to my combos. It is the same as you do when you want to bind.

6 Likes

Here’s today’s progress. Off camera I hit it smoother so I know in a day or three it’ll be butta! https://youtu.be/KrUIkV0ObWk

7 Likes

Good job and you looked good while doing it too :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Tonight I filmed for real for the first time in a long while. My joints are killing me, but I pushed through and did the last few weeks of stuff.

1.5 Hook and some Grinds

Started with Bouncy Castle, ended up with this. :man_shrugging:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDvHRu7h6zB/?igshid=eli9s5q4ty76

7 Likes

Holy smokes dude that was super clean and smooth. I needed to watch all of that a few times. I love how easy you make it look. Well done!

4 Likes

:pray: Thanks bro.

2 Likes

This was my first yoyo joe tutorial and I’m impressed. I like his style…a bit long. But i think he covers everything very well.
I actually landed it once this morning

4 Likes

Agree. He breaks down every single element. And I really appreciate every trick that he teaches.
The only con is that having a tutorial this granular does not allow you to follow it in one throw. You have to restart the trick again and again, sometimes is not so easy.

5 Likes