MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I have tuned my camera on while practicing Bonkers Repeater for the first time. Here’s five minutes of me getting frustrated. At a certain point I changed the yoyo, pretending that was its fault.

7 Likes

I’m personally really enjoying this one! Just started working on it and I think it’s pretty fun.
It’s one of those that it might be simple to execute…but to make it look super smooth is where the real difficulty lies…and that only comes in time.

I’m glad for a simpler trick this week.

Heck yeah man! It’s nice to see you again! :smiley: How’s Lil-Miss-Kitty doing?

haha a lot better then my first practice session went. Took me 10’ish minutes before I started to hit it al together

Isn’t that just frustrating!
All my yoing shortcomings are directly connected to the shortcomings of my yoyos! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah ive started to land multiple in a row… it’s fun to practice repeaters. Glad you guys are getting a kick out of it.

3 Likes

10 in a Row… getting consistent… but slow as EFF!

4 Likes

I’m back home and finally got to try the Bonkers repeater.

1. It’s so fun and straightforward
  2. It fits perfectly in my ever-expending TAW combo! :partying_face:

Now gotta train it for speed and consistency. The speed in the tutorial is insane!

@ChrysaeThrows, welcome back! I’ll take your return as a sign for me to continue catching up on the TaW tricks. Next one on my list turns out to be your Momentum Bind, thanks for the tutorial!

5 Likes

Just started working on this week’s trick; this is a fun one.

2 Likes

This is a really fun one and @ChrysaeThrows and his kitty did a great job on the tutorial :smiley:

2 Likes

Mid week attempts… 31 seconds ive Been working on bonkers daily for 3 or 4 consecutive throws at a time just trying to get as many reps in as i can in one throw.

7 Likes

Ok guys i want to see some video attempts!
I know you can all do this at least slowly. @ChrysaeThrows posted.

This is my Sunday post maybe. Really enjoy practicing this one.

10 Likes

Damn that’s clean!
And so was your mid-week video (didn’t see that one until now).

I’ll try to make a video today :smile:

4 Likes

Ok here’s a vid :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really impressed at how you manage to keep your hands at the same level and do the trick smoothly @AKYOYOMIKE, I find it really difficult even when I’m trying with all I got!

7 Likes

Very nice man! That was super clean.

I should have practiced more, but it’s been a weird week and I’ve been messing around with too many different things—like Mike Monty’s brother hop GT, which made me feel stupider than any trick ever :laughing: I did finally get it down though. I’m not sure of that drawing is over or not, but I should try to film it anyway.
I’m gonna try to film that little bonkers combo I mentioned tonight. If I can get it smooth I think it’ll look pretty nice.

2 Likes

I love the elevator effect!

What i did was i practiced it 5-10 consecutive min twice a day, start slow… with each min try to go a little LITTLE faster… in 3 days you’ll be amazed how fast u can go. I have no other advice on this.

3 Likes

Very nice. I like that thumb trapeze kwyjibo to kamikaze mount.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice @AKYOYOMIKE, thankfully this repeater is easy to practice in-between other tricks.

@ryanmcg That’s probably my favorite element at the moment, I throw it every opportunity I have!

3 Likes

I watched your vid 3 times. Your very sharp. I like it! Nice entrance!

3 Likes

Been a long time since I’ve posted a video.
You guys ever lose your confidence in things? I’m still struggling to get some of it back.

Here’s a couple of rounds of the repeater…

And here’s the start of an idea I just had. Now I need to execute the idea! lol
Do a full Bonkers Repeater, then unwind into a trapeze >>> into trapeze + >>> Bro into trap+bro slack >>> into another Bonkers Repeater…and then repeat.
Think I’ll work on this one a bit till I can get a few rounds of it down.

6 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE Damn you got this smooth. I like how smooth you pop it up into the string (where you release the string from around your thumb).

@stringKnot Great job man! Loved the entrance into the repeater here!!

4 Likes

@ryanmcg
Also in your defense…you just got back from a long vacation…with a bunch of family. Probably going to take you months to recover! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ahahahaha die. I’m not old… my bones are just dusty.

3 Likes