MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Daaaamn, that looked great.
What a hypnotizing trick especially when it’s done smoothly like you did!

4 Likes

I’ve been a big fan of mrmatio for a while! I love how he’s able to so clearly teach complicated tricks without saying a word

5 Likes

So beast!

2 Likes

I learned the trick, not perfect but damn this one was so tricky for me to film for some reason. I can not for the life of me succeed the rejection part right after the first star from the combo on camera…

Also threw in #8 picture slideshow!
Super awesome tutorial from @MoonageMin! You should add the link of the slow-mo only with commentary version on the first post! It was a massive help to learn it.

3 Likes

Holy jeez! That was fantastic! Love your style.

4 Likes

T-A-W WEEK #32 1.5 HOOK

Here’s a neat one! It’s a step up from a previous trick we did here (Hidemasa Hook).
1.5 hook!
Looks really flashy and it’s super nice because it ends in a Trap+Bro so it can fit into combos extremely easily!

I hope everyone is staying safe :slight_smile:

1.5 Hook:

Hidemasa Hook:

8 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE & @stringKnot well done on getting the Star Combo this week guys! :heart:

3 Likes

So i landed this nice TaW combo last night. Ive been playing with kwigibo smoothie duck pond for a while but i throw a whip and a brother vanish in and i think it flows nicely.

Back to these hooks, I’ll try to Get either hook down this week. Think i need to whip a lot stronger or faster to get these hooks.

6 Likes

That’s a really good looking combo!
I love that vanish between the kamikaze and the smoothie.
Mexican Duck Pond makes for a great finisher!

Same problem here. Actually I think I throw the hidemasa hook too strong, and the 1.5 not enough.
Let’s do this!

3 Likes

Well if you guys are doing 1.5, I might do it a long with you… @AKYOYOMIKE you better watch out for me lol.

3 Likes

Noice!! Way to go man.

3 Likes

For 1.5 hook, it helps immensely if you use a string that is weighty and maintains momentum through both parts of the hook. You can do it with any string, but it’s much harder.

2 Likes

Well, perfect timing! :stuck_out_tongue:
Between the Markmont Formulas I got recently and some really awesome prototypes made by @Arlequinlover, I’m blessed with whippy strings lately!

Although I do have to admit that after trying for a little bit, I’m not even remotely close to succeed the 1.5 mount lol

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, this had my scratching my head for a little while before that Aha! moment hit on how to make the catch. Trying to practice in front of a fan didn’t help either :man_facepalming:

Also love the combo @AKYOYOMIKE! And @stringKnot solid star combo with bonuses! I dig the black and white look going on too

3 Likes

Well, after a small hour of trying non-stop I finally landed it unexpectedly !
In total, only managed to land it twice. I estimate it at a 1% success rate lol!

Here’s one of the very rare videos in which I won’t crop my face :rofl:

8 Likes

That was fantastic. I think i enjoyed that more then your sick insane combo! Great facial expression! And congrats on landing a 1.5!

3 Likes

First, i had made fast string. But after some recommendations from many players. I start to make slow string for slacks rather for whip.

Maybe you should try the fat string proto (28 thread). If you have it.

3 Likes

Goodness 28 thread, that’s a lot lol.

Hmm, hard to count the nylon threads but I think the thickest one I got was the 50/50 Nylon/Poly (I think it’s 24 threads as I count 12 Poly).

But all of your protos I tried are really whippy in my opinion, it’s night and day compared to Kitty XL or 1.5!

Markmont Copernicus/Dragon are even more whippy, they’re almost like little chains haha! So I’m using those to get the hang of the hook :smile:

1 Like

Hooks are my nimasis!

2 Likes