MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

One second

1 Like

Here. Ninja hook is crazy hard, but this video is a great example of NV from a brother mount. Some great tips too, and theyā€™re relevant for NV from brother or brother slackā€”I went from landing the NV like 5% of the time to 80 or 90% in one day. Of courseā€¦ that number dips a good bit if I havenā€™t practiced it.

6 Likes

Iā€™m happy to share anything Iā€™ve learned while chasing a trick. Hopefully something I describe will be useful to someone.

6 Likes

lol @EOS44 is so BOSS. :heart:

6 Likes

You mind if I suggest a trick for you guys?

I have a few, here they are:

1. Beefhook
  2. Kamikaze 2 (aka yellow airplanes)
  3. Mario and Luigi
  4. Underwater basket weaving.

Ik you guys decide the tricks but I think it would be really cool if you guys tried to learn these. Feel free to say no, it wonā€™t hurt my feelings lol.

3 Likes

10 hours later, watched eos tutorial 4 times and i think i realized you mean i could do regular NV, regular brother NV (eos tutorial 2nd NV), NV brother Slack (repeater i did) and a crazy NV hook which eos is in a league of his own (1st NV in his video) .
Is that correct?

4 Likes

Sorry, was just being rather dense and unclear. I was just saying I like to do it different ways depending on the combo.

And after watching eos44ā€™s video is when NV clicked for me; I could do it, just not easily.

4 Likes

I donā€™t wanna brag or anythingā€¦ except maybe a little :grin: I just got Ninja Hook down. Not very consistent yet. I started working on it last night from 2-3am :yawning_face: Worth it.

6 Likes

Yeah i started to work on the NV from the brother mountā€¦ i understand how itā€™s the same move but i totally canā€™t get it, but i nailed the slack NV brother :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Aha! I thought I was stupid or something when I was doing the same thingā€¦ I would also smack my knuckles on the yo-yo so hard theyā€™d bleed, repeatedly. Finally stopped doing that after watching that video. And some practice based on what I saw of course.

5 Likes

Yeahā€¦I think youā€™ve been hanging around with me too much! I seem to be rubbing off on you! :rofl:

5 Likes

Hell yeah dude! Nice job bro! :smiley:

3 Likes

My attempt at the Ladder Escape:

9 Likes

I havenā€™t practiced too much, but I can get into knot land most of the time. I just am just having a hard time keeping each side open as I hop around after that point.

6 Likes

That was less like an attemptā€¦and WAY more like a massive win! :smiley: Nice work!!

I worked at itā€¦can get into knot land, but am stuck there on this one.

Congrats to those of you who got through this weekā€™s trickā€¦this was a tough one for sure!

6 Likes

Wow! Good job!

6 Likes

I am so behind on all the posts and messages and social media etc :joy:

Iā€™ll catch up soon, but in the meantime, I just got home from longboarding and I wanted to post up this weekā€™s trick before itā€™s too late. :slight_smile:

This week we are learning Asian Pops, or pops (but Asian pops sounds cooler)

Another great fundamental for us to add to our arsenal :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You know itā€™s a good trickā€¦cause they use a green yo-yo in the tutorial!

6 Likes

That was smoooooooth! Congrats :smiley:

This one looks fuuun to learn, with this trick Iā€™ll almost be able to pretend I can loop :joy:!

5 Likes

I have a hard time passing it through the ladder into ā€œknot landā€, and then when you hop out of the left side and into the right. I can usually do it, just sloppy. Iā€™ve only tried it 5 or 6 times since I had the whole thing memorized though.

5 Likes