MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I do too. I tend to land on the front string. Mainly I’ve been using my daily carry wedge that I keep a fairly short string on. I need to practice with a normal one.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve found that using my least wide yoyos made this trick considerably easier.

Trying with a wider yoyo usually came with a ticket for Knot Land, as it makes it more difficult to pass between strings.

5 Likes

I have a feeling people will be landing pops pretty easily… im going to try to land pops in at least 2 diff mounts. Im sure moons will have 9 mounts down by Tuesday afternoon and a tutorial posted for us on Friday.
I appreciate these element weeks, help boost my confidence after a week of Knots landing on my ladder.

6 Likes

So i couldn’t think of a better Father’s Day gift… my wife and the girls all went to bed by 9. :wink:
Leaving my OCD throwing personality alone for the night.
Occasionally this happens.
Took about 50 minutes to land everything once cleanly or make 2 attempts (candy rain, deep magenta, follow, beesting, still complete failures) … some freestyle jamming thrown in. Only one knot, Converge during NV nonsense.

10 Likes

Pops are fun for sure

3 Likes

I’ve made considerable progress on Ladder Escape. I started working on it night before last and have got it smoothed out up to the “X” formation just before the wrist flop. I’ve been learning it in small chunks and then smoothing it out before approaching the next milestone.Not far from the end.

I really thought we were being trolled with this TAW challenge- it was quite intimidating to behold the first half dozen times.

7 Likes

I was learning the Matrix this week-end and turns out it goes super well with Asian Pops as they rely on the same mount and look a bit similar.

Very useful if you have to remind people to respect social distancing both to your right and left, haha!

Also, for the ultimate flex, it’s possible to throw asian pops between each hop of Black Hops (although half of them has a small bind risk) but I haven’t managed to land that one without failure yet.

5 Likes

Why didn’t i wear gloves…no pain no gain. There’s deff a nice rhythm to the pops. I need to smooth it out significantly but i can see where this is going to be a cool element in a freestyle Jam.

6 Likes

Ouch! This trick is indeed rough on the fingers.
3 months ago, I don’t think I would even be able to do 3 hops pops in a row just because I didn’t have any yoyo calluses yet…

Those were some really smooth hops pops, btw!

5 Likes

Good looking combo!

5 Likes

Earlier I was playing around with popping between a 1.5 mount and trap brother. So fun! Its such a good way to add a little extra pizzazz and flair to just about anything.

6 Likes

I love this thread! I never thought of that. I’ll try that today. Thank you

@ANGVS would you mind posting a video of your 1.5 to brother mount… I’ve done a few crazy things but none of it is smooth and i don’t think it’s what your talking about. Thanks.

7 Likes

Just roll the yo-yo out of the 1.5 mount and then kinda slap your TH index down on the string so it lands in a brother mount. You can also do the reverse.

4 Likes

Ok i think i was doing that just ugly… I’ll keep at it

3 Likes

@ryanmcg nailed it in that you kind of do a finger chop thing to land the brother mount. I feel like the closer to the yoyo you can make that initial catch back the smoother it looks. If I can’t get a decent video here at work I’ll throw one up tonight!

4 Likes

I got it thanks… deff fun once you hit the rhythm.
Thanks. I wouldn’t mind seeing your video anyway :smiley:.

Anyone try Jade whip front style throw? I just started hitting that today and it’s a fun easy one if you already can do it side style.

3 Likes

Sorry for the pretty poor quality overall, but hopefully this’ll do

Just realized I dont do it like the video shows lol :man_shrugging:

I also landed a nice little thing while getting that on film

9 Likes

I should have worked on Asian pops more but i got sucked into this repeater world so i didn’t work on Asian pop’s more cause i got sucked into this repeater world so i didn’t work on Asian pops more cause… IT’S SUNDAY! This is what i got… let’s count my mistakes starting with my amateur breakaway!

6 Likes

That looks awesome. I too have been distracted by the repeater craze. By the way, what started the thingsthatrepeat?

5 Likes

Here’s my vid. Not the best but it’s kinda poppin. Lol

9 Likes