MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

lol, the best way ever to undo knots… don’t.

I see you have an Absurdity. I recently got one and can’t say enough good about it. One of my new favorites. Easily top 5, if not 3.

6 Likes

Just… wow. You made that look better than the tutorial videos.

I’ve finally managed to do it, but not cleanly, certainly not smoothly at all. I wasn’t planning to keep working on it, but maybe I will now. Nice job man.

4 Likes

All I have to say is…

:scream:

3 Likes

@stringKnot what’s the name of the app?

–EDIT–
Found it!

https://nextjs-henna-phi.now.sh/

4 Likes

As for how well this yoyo would sleep?
I’d say pretty soundly honestly!!

4 Likes

Now I would throw that! (In the good way, attached to a string lol), this is art! :smile:

@twitch77, you guys started in November and honestly there’s no way I’d be able to keep this rhythm for many months without taking a couple breaks.

4 Likes

:heart: thanks for the understanding man!
I’m not bowing out…just cutting back some :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Totally not T-A-W related…
But I’ve been learning to loop over the past few months (just 1 handed so far). I’ve got inside loops down pat. I can hit 100+ loops with no sweat now.
Outside loops have been considerably more difficult for me.

Long story short…was having a great go of things last night! Kept hitting 20-30 outside loops in a row…
Then it just happened. I hit a pocket where my throws just felt right…
hit 112 consecutive outside loops! :smiley:

Woohoo! :smiley:

Okay sorry…just needed somewhere to come brag! haha :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

U deff should brag more! That’s impressive… now its time alternating in out… and Left!
I can’t get more them 15 consecutive loops R. Very impressive bro!

3 Likes

@twitch77, hey brother, you gotta do you. i get it. i don’t want to see you leave or be in a bad place mentally. this is supposed to be fun! that’s why we do this, right? i mean, i get the frustration. one of the posts i made that got the most reactions was about this kind of thing. i was watching videos and thinking “i’d never land that!”. and, i probably won’t. maybe i will, someday. but, with 2 kids, a house and a job, there’s a lot going on so I resign myself to be amazed at what people can do. i’ve come like and respect you on this forum. i know we’ve never met IRL but, from an on-line acquaintence perspective, I think you’re a good dude. i hope you get things sorted. talk to your life coach, she seems to help you out a lot. send me a PM, i’m no life coach but at 46, i’ve been through some things and if i can help a brother out, I sure will. don’t dwell on the can’ts. as i recall, you’ve been forming some good relationships here. IIRC, some people have hooked you up with some goodies these past months. those are the things I would recommend dwelling on. the people here are awesome. very supportive. like I said, if there’s anything I can do to help bring you out of the funk, I’d love to. i can post videos of how much I suck at these tricks. that could make you feel better about your own skill set. :joy:

anyway, i hope you’re OK. i know i’m here and i’m sure others are too. don’t dwell on the negative brother. just think about the fact that if you handed a throw to 100 people on the street, there may be 1 or 2 that could get the yoyo to come back to their hand. so, you are awesome at the yo compared to the population at large.

take it easy. relax. throw for the love.

kgb

6 Likes

Way to go on the looping progress man. It took me forever to get outside loops to click.

7 Likes

I can’t do more than a few inside loops… one or two outside.

I’m going to throw the looper for a bit.

kgb

5 Likes

Thanks Nitro. :heart:

4 Likes

So ladder escape is more like a ladder trap for now…i can get top catch the yoyo on the second hop in knot land but it’s ugly slow and painful. But my ladder is coming along… might even look smooth when i finally attempt video.

On another note my ninja vanish is coming along nicely with a new bind i picked up on NY flight to LaLa Land with @MoonageMin. Thank you. And thanks again @French for you help with this trick.
https://youtu.be/PisCOkQEzQ0

4 Likes

Nice repeats on the bro slack NV.

3 Likes

You can do the same NV from a reg brother mount. Good for some combos—I like to throw that into smoothie.

4 Likes

Man that’s such a bad ■■■ repeater AK!

4 Likes

You should see the 15 min of video just before the cut… :wink:it was a very different repeater and 4 throws fell victim to knot landings.
@ryanmcg i think im confused. Im slow…

5 Likes

About the NV from a regular brother mount instead of brother slack?

It’s ok, im slow too. I didn’t realize it was basically the same damn thing till I saw a tutorial by eos44 for another trick that also included a brother mount NV.

4 Likes

Interesting… im trying to picture it… I’ll search for a link on eos page… unless u have it handy🙂

I found this…https://youtu.be/n-6FCH0U87s
Very cool @EOS44!

4 Likes