MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

I love cheese whip… the yo-yo trick, not the junk in the can. I think you’d like the whip over hand wrist mount entrance. I’m still not very smooth with it, but I only work on it every once in a while. It’s def good to know both.

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear! I know first hand how much of a pain it is when you’re riddled with self doubts/loathing…so I always feel really bad for others when I know they deal with the same kinds of things.

3 Likes

There’s periods of time where Jade Whip completely makes sense to me and I land one after another.
And then moments later…I lose that and they stop making sense again and I miss a bunch in a row! lol

How are you guys coming along? Has anyone gotten close to follow? I sure haven’t! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Jade whip it’s coming along nicely. Follow is not even a potential thought process yet. But i landed a bouncy castle :wink:.

I’ve actually been working a lot on rewind, kwigibo, super flow and black hops trying to improve my string accuracy.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it! :smiley:

4 Likes

Sweet progress on the jade whip!
So next week let’s do something other than slack tricks :grin:

4 Likes

Okay!
Let’s do whips again instead!!

:stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You guys should learn beefhook lol. You’d probably be stuck on it for 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Moons maybe.

Not me though.
/smug

It’d take me no longer than 3 MONTHS.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Also…this guy is my favorite dude to watch! lol I totally have had a major /bro crush on him since the first time I saw him throw.

@hobbygod

He’s SO freaking smooth at Beef Hooks!

4 Likes

I’m all legit like…

3 Likes

Haha thanks!

3 Likes

It is indeed, nice job! :smiley:

2 Likes

Here is my submission for week 6:

I had always procrastinated on learning finger spins because it was really intimidating, now that I learned the basics of it… I don’t really like it :sweat_smile:
Maybe it’s because none of my throw has a finger spin friendly cup, or something else.
I know that the video is a bit low effort to “check” it as week 6 completed but I want to move on to the next one!

6 Likes

lol whaaaat?! haha you should’ve seen my submission for the week! I had like 2 or 3 sloppy spins going and none of them had clean returns to my hand.
And here you are going all crazy with the yo flying and hopping all over the place while still landing in on your finger and with the string wrapping around your head all crazy like…
lol this was amazing and an awesome video to check 6 week off with! Well done man!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Twitch! :slight_smile:
I guess what I meant by low effort was more taking a fast video of one successful trick and be done with it.
The trick took me a ton of effort for sure, even though I wish I could say it didn’t lol.

3 Likes

Jade whip in combo😃

6 Likes

Week #29 : Ladder Escape

Continuing on with our new concept on learning classic tricks that instils basic fundamentals that modern tricks are built on or has elements that will help us in the future we are learning Ladder Escape this week.

This won’t be easy and this won’t be for the light-hearted haha, but what I think this will give us the confidence to start pulling off more advanced tricks and help us learn how to manage more dense techy combos.

Welcome to Ladder Escape this will be fun, and I just want to do non-slack tricks this week after two weeks of whips and follow :rofl:

4 Likes

■■■■ yeah AK! Nice job :heart:
That shirt is freaking boss! I’d ask you where you got it…but who am I kidding? They wouldn’t sell it in my size anyhow! lol :sob:

1 Like

Mike that was fantastic! What string is that?

Just in time too before we move on to escape the ladder

1 Like