MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Snake bite fat some rainbow color that works nicely. I’ll send u the exact name when i get home if i have the package.

2 Likes

It goes really well with the yoyo you’re using

2 Likes

So Moons asked me for my thoughts on Ladder Escape…and I’m not gonna lie…it looks tough as hell!

But here’s the thing. If it was just me…I’d skip right over this trick and not even work on it at all. It looks way too hard to me.
But that’s part of what this Trick-A-Week is all about! Challenge! Doing things with others…getting inspiration from others…feeling challenged and encouraged by others.

Also…it’s been a good while since we’ve had a really tough trick/technical trick in this T-A-W. The last 2 weeks we’ve been working on Jade Whips, and before it we picked a bunch of 5a basics (which I wasn’t all that committed to)…
So it’s been a while.

I think this is a great trick for Moons himself as he’s a beast and is accelerating SO greatly (love and proud of you Moons! :heart:)…and this one is very technical and dense and I think is just really good for him at this time…

And it might be good for the T-A-W to give us something big and juicey to sink our teeth into…might be a good time for a big challenge for us again.

And it might be really good for me too as I’m struggling right now with my confidence…lol a tough one like this might beat the hell out of me…or hell, the challenge could well help me pull myself out of the little hole I’m in. Challenges can do that from time to time!

So…I voted yes on Ladder Escape this week! I know it’s a tough one guys…but at the end of the day, challenges are good!

2 Likes

Okay so I just looked at the tutorial…
I don’t even understand how to get into the starting mount :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

These guys break it down pretty well:

3 Likes

lol should I feel guilty about this? :stuck_out_tongue:

After watching both of these tutorials…I like yo,trick’s tutorial on this better. I think they break it down more clearly of the 2.

3 Likes

That sucks about the Meerkitty Rys :frowning: how much did you pay for it?

–edit–
haha this comment was meant for a different thread! >.<’

3 Likes

I have no idea if this is the correct ladder mount or not…

3 Likes

looks correct to me! Looking forward to your progress on this one Moons! I think this is such a great trick for where you are right now!

1 Like

That was legit!!!

Wow… :flushed: what… the… hell…
This is like nothing I ever tried, never even watched a tutorial for a trick that complex!
Damn I feel so pumped about this week’s trick I can barely contain my excitement!

That’s the spirit, twitch! As long as you give it your all there’s no regret!
Looking forward to see your progress on this trick and everyone else’s

Today I dedicated my Sunday to learning injections. Much like the finger spins, turns out injections are not really my jam either but I’m happy TaW forced me to learn it!

Here’s the basic injection on three different yoyos (to test different response/string) to validate week 7

Tonight I’ll be dreaming about ladders and escape signs!

5 Likes

haha I LOVE this! :smiley:
So fun when you feel all pumped up for a trick!!

2 Likes

holy ■■■■! haha man this trick was hard! I never did get it! and here you are killing it!

Also…I know he’s just a drawing…
But I legit feel bad for the bear in this one. That shot looks super painful :frowning: :frowning: poor little YoBear :frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks bro.
Check out @JWaugh trick he posted… very cool injection i learned last night.

5 Likes

Lol!

Just FYI—in case anyone figures out who I got it from, there is nothing wrong with the Meerkat I got. I just said in another thread that I wasn’t into it and was gonna put it up for sale.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, I don’t see many injections for him in the near future. :sweat_smile:
The finger spins and injections were a bit like veggies when eating. Just wanna finish it as fast as possible to enjoy the good stuff.

No, please, no more!
(More seriously, just saw your trick on Jake’s thread and it looks sick. Much respect)

6 Likes

Ladders are tough but satisfying! I tried ladder escape a while ago but gave up on it so time to revisit!

I actually just filmed my first trick in ages and its…a ladder combo lol. My filming game needs some practice but it felt cool to get something on video again :+1:

And @MoonageMin looks correct to me!

6 Likes

Man that trick was nuts! :smiley: Love it!
Nice to have a face to the name! Super cool you got such a sick trick on vid!!

3 Likes

WOW! That’s all i can say.

5 Likes

I couldn’t tell if you did the ladder correct i was blinded by your Guns!
Looks good!

What am i doing wrong? I’m pretty sure i missed something.

3 Likes

It looks like youre bringing the yoyo under and around just one string on your throw hand instead of both before pulling the loop through

3 Likes