MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

:joy: That actually worked great

3 Likes

Its not the Stall iā€™m supposed to be practicingā€¦ itā€™s not the day iā€™m supposed to be throwing itā€¦ itā€™s not the thread iā€™m supposed to post it on. But I did, I am, and i Will. :wink:. Deal with it.

4 Likes

haha thanks man, if I had artistic talents I would draw myself, but google image search is so convenient :joy:

I think your avatar turned out super nice!

2 Likes

Nice stall!!!

I need to learn some fixie too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hey man, welcome to TaW.

This is the very reason I started this thread as I was lacking clear objective and itā€™s great to have fellow TaW gang learning and discussing the weekā€™s trick with you.

Feel free to catch up on some of the key tricks and join in from next week too when we start 1A again.

3 Likes

Mine is more of a grayish black. Not blue but still not really black.

kgb

3 Likes

Thank you Moon for introducing me to 2X Kwijibo. As usual i need to get smoother but that doesnā€™t stop me from posting a video.

5 Likes

Haha, nice!

3 Likes

i may have grinded too hard and learned all of the tricksā€¦

over 3 days (the weekend)

4 Likes

Glad you enjoy the double Kwyjibo. Itā€™s a funky little trick and I find it to be a great hop practice.
I think learning this before was what helped me get the spirit bomb down probably too.

Iā€™m currently learning the bouncy castle. And it has a cool Kwyjibo element in there that gets you into a reverse GT. :slight_smile:

Well done on nailing the double Kwyjibo Mike :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha what a knob express catch up. Well done Kyle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bouncy CastlešŸ˜€ā€¦ that jump rope element still gets me inside a mount. Very cool looking. This will take much longer.

3 Likes

itā€™s a cool looking trick, the reason I like it is there are some nice elements from here I can try and incorporate later on to other tricks.

2 Likes

Not smooth but this is my progress on the Bouncy Castle trick so far.

Using the Freehand AL @twitch77 got me as a present :green_heart:

6 Likes

Jump ropeā€¦ so i thought it was beyond me last night. Woke up and saw your bouncy castle which brought back my AND WUT which never posted successfully. TaW is a virus that infected my system, unfortunately there is no vaccine or cure, the only symptomatic relief from this affliction is to THROW a yoyo with monotonous regularity. So before i feed the kids letā€™s see if i can land a trick on videoā€¦ 5 takes, but i call it success.

6 Likes

That looked pretty smooth. Video set up is great. Good job all around

3 Likes

Sweet that is good, TaW is great, all day tricks I am working on is in my head I keep going over it and I canā€™t wait for my yoyo session to try things out etc.
It is like an infection haha

3 Likes

Today I had a feel good / feel bad moment.

Finally got one clean run of black hops!!! Super psyched!!!

But for some reason my camera is out of focus and blurry as fā€¦

My first blackhops and this blob is all I have to show for it :joy:

10 Likes

The blur effect just adds to the ā€œa e s t h e t i cā€ !
Congrats on the trick :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s my take at the two first weeks. I spent all of yesterday alternating between learning these two tricks:

I thought I knew Kamikaze, but then realised what I had learned was in fact just the Kamikaze Mountā€¦ Thankfully the learning was not too difficult.

As for the JL Sling: it hurt my brain, it hurt my NT hand from hitting it countless times, but itā€™s really fun. I feel itā€™s the type of trick you get better at from long term repetition.
Iā€™d be curious to see how good you guys can do it now if itā€™s a trick you continued to practice in between other tricks :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thank you @stringKnot and wow you got smooth on those two tricks super quick!

Well done for catching up, your Kamikaze and slingy looks better than most people here including me :slight_smile:

Yeah we all had the same reaction to Slingy, it was like trying to rub your belly and pat your heat at the same time.

6 Likes