MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

The ears are too big. Fail. Try again, big guy.

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

lol I donā€™t know how these spread sheets work. didnā€™t even see the other 2 tabs!
Filled them out now!

2 Likes

Good way to keep track though huh?

This way we can kind of cross out those that everyone knows and those that only I or you donā€™t know.
We can learn them in our own time and try and focus on tricks the majority hasnā€™t done yet :slight_smile:

I Literally went through the entire yoyoexpert and yotricks list and wrote them all out

4 Likes

Yeah, this was a great idea and was a lot of work on your part!
Thanks for this Moons!

3 Likes

Trick-A-Week Week #26 5a May 5a Combo Mounts

So the final week of 5a May!
Wasnā€™t quite the hit I thought it might be here in the T-A-Wā€¦but thatā€™s okay! :smiley:
Itā€™s gone pretty quiet here this month, but I think itā€™s only right to finish the month with 5a.
1 week left, then weā€™ll jump back into our 1a againā€¦hopefully things will pick back up! :smiley:

So hereā€™s the trick for this weekā€¦more basics. And itā€™s not really 1 trick, but 4 different mounts. Donā€™t let the trick the dude does at the begining of this video scare you off lolā€¦heā€™s just demonstrating a combo that is possible off of these mounts. The focus for us here is more on just getting these mounts down, then once youā€™re comfortable with themā€¦then you can start to work on using them to build combos and what not.

The video is titled 1 Trick = 4 Results and covers these 4 mounts:

-Houdini Mount
-Double Or Nothing Mount
-Unrolling Double Or Nothing Mount
-Wrist Bucket Mount

6 Likes

ā€œThe Scary Dudeā€ @JeiCheetah

2 Likes

@JeiCheetahā€™s Impulsive colorway PLUR is one of the nicest looking non-green colorways Iā€™ve ever seen in person!

2 Likes

Was just checking out all of the tricks @ryanmcg has checked off on the spreadsheet! Iā€™m really impressed with all the yotricks tricks heā€™s done!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think your spreadsheet needs work. I use a androidā€¦ no way im filling out that 3rd tab. Maybe on a lap top. Looks like im the weak link here :wink: ā€¦ iā€™l work on what iā€™m missing.

4 Likes

Honestly, a lot of that is tricks that are just one-offs. Like double grinds, palm grinds, stuff thatā€™s not really usable in combos. I wish I could reallocate a lot of that ā€œXPā€ elsewhere :joy:

3 Likes

But I play 1,4, &5.

5 Likes

Holy cow dude! 125 with the smack down. Seriously bro your a modest man. Good job

3 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. Reading some of the tricks you listed, I saw some that I havenā€™t landed. Reverse hook stands outā€¦ :grin:

I have landed others but I like the idea of back to basics. Itā€™ll spiral out again in time. Weā€™ll be looking at crazy tricks again, together. Itā€™ll be fun. This is like a reset.

Thanks for keeping it going.

And hereā€™s to a last hurrah for 5A may.

I tried few different setups this month. I think this was my favorite. I picked up the Variant earlier this month and it plays more stable than the others i was trying. The speed ball counter weight works well and is easy to take off. I landed the be sting with this and was sold. :kissing_heart:

kgb

7 Likes

After many experimenting, I have come to the conclusion, Wine is the best pairing for 5a.

Also, side note, my spirit bomb pairing of going Absinthe and yoyo was not a great idea on hindsight :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Your wine has quite the peculiar garnish :thinking:

5 Likes

Is your Variant more of a blue kind of tone instead of black? I got one just for practicing 5a and even though I really enjoy how it playsā€¦its not black!

@MoonageMin I like your avatar selection idea! I just took a normal picture of myself and traced over it in Microsoft paint :rofl:

4 Likes

Such a cool idea and list!
Iā€™m really tempted to try to catch up to you guys little by little.
Iā€™ve been really slacking on learning new tricks since finishing YYTā€™s first 50 probably because of a lack of clear objective.

I only know kamikaze and black hops out of this list.
Iā€™m a bit shy about the risk of sending my yoyo flying during the 5A part thoughā€¦ On one hand it looks like a lot of fun, but on the other hand I really like my TV/windows/walls/girlfriend and I fear to break them. :laughing:

4 Likes

Well 5a May is almost over. You can always join in the following week, and work on whatever previous week looks fun to start with.

5 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

5 Likes