MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Juggling club

5 Likes

5A happens…

I have a few more squirrels left :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Half a Van Gogh :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I came so close to a bee sting today…I was outside working on them and nearly smacked a poor, innocent honey bee with my counterweight. I saw it begin to frantically buzz toward me but ultimately did not get the bee sting.

In all seriousness, I feel like I am making some progress with using more of the wrist to flip the yoyo up and over. I just don’t know if it’s proper to catch the weight and get from the undermount back to normal (which is about what I can do)…I can’t flip it back mid swing and am noticing it still seems to take quite a bit of oomph to even flip the yoyo over.

The wrist movement works wonderfully with half bee sting, making it look much smoother.

6 Likes

Ok. I’m in.

I’ve managed to put down the Fat Tire and Legendary Terrarian… for a bit.

My original 5A with the Milk/Silk delrin throw was OK but lacked spin time. So, my new Rhapsody came to the rescue. Definitely a more stable, longer spinning platform to learn.

This 5A is proving challenging. I knew it would be but I wasn’t really ready for the extent of frustration starting out.

That said, I’ve got the 360 and half bee sting pretty well down. I’ll be attempting the full sting later. I hope. :grin:

Making progress. Slowly.

Happy 5A May everyone.

kgb

6 Likes

Welcome KGB!

Moon

3 Likes

Hey there KGB :smiley: glad to hear you’re joining in!!

Don’t be too hard on yourself! I think almost all of us who are brand new to 5a are making slow progress! :slight_smile: You’re just 1 among many!

4 Likes

Whoa! Week #24! 6 months already! It’s been so awesome to see so many enjoy this T-A-W…It’s helped us to reach out of our comfort zones, learn new things and gain some confidence and pride!
I think I can speak for several people in saying this T-A-W has meant a lot. It’s really helped make this hobby much more enjoyable!

Keep on rocking guys!! :smiley:

5 Likes

WEEK #24 … 5A BUTTERFLIES, E-FANS AND NUNCHUCKS!

So moving right along with the basics of 5a…I thought it’d be great if we added a few more of the basic building blocks of 5a…mainly Butterfly, E-Fans and Nunchuck!!
Not only are they great building blocks I think, but they all looks super cool as well!

I hope you all have a great week! :smiley:

BUTTERFLY:

E-FAN:

NUNCHUCK:

NUNCHUCK 2.0:

5 Likes

Going to be a fun week.

@twitch77 not letting me 1a and keeping me enjoying the 5a realm. These are going to take time, that E fan looks hard but going to enjoy these.

4 Likes

As for counterweights I’ve tried a few things.

I thought these were pretty cute!

An Ewok and the horse from Toy Story. The best thing about the horse is that with a yellow or green string…it totally looks like he’s taking a tinkle! :joy:
:frowning: Sadly…as you can clearly see…they’re not green. They’re both therefore complete rubbish!!

lol the big mouthed one is really cute…

But is a bit too heavy for me and too big and clunky.

I have some little miniature beyblades…so I took a marker to one!! lol

But it’s a bit light for my tastes…and it’s not all that fun to catch! lol

Honestly…my good ol’Duncan Candy Die is my favorite so far. It’s about the right size, has nice rounded edges and corners so it’s comfy to catch and it’s got just the right amount of weight to it.

6 Likes

Hey man, what kind of string is that pink string?

3 Likes

It’s a nylon @lucale sent me months ago…I think him and his son were planning on selling them, not sure if they still are. He sent me some to test for him :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

They’re fantastic strings btw…his polys are as well. Among the best I’ve had (pretty sure @TheThrowingGnome would agree on this!).
This pink is the last of his Nylons I have and I’ve been saving it…the instagram challenge several of us here at the T-A-W did a few weeks ago was the perfect occasion to take it out! Decided to use it for 5a here as well.

4 Likes

@lucale strings are the jam! Right up there with Airetics or other premium nylons! I’m still working on a sampler he sent a year ago as a thank you!

7 Likes

I like your counterweight experiment.

Agree candy dice is pretty great

3 Likes

Interesting. How do they compare to Airetics? I find Airetic regs a little too thick most of the time, and the slims a little too slippery on the fingers. I do enjoy them immensely though.

3 Likes

TaW T-shirts!

4 Likes

Do they make them in size hippo for me? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would legit LOVE a custom button up workshirt!

4 Likes

I’l try to post something this week, but i haven’t learned anything…i should say i haven’t landed anything new or consistent fir video. . But having a blast😆

4 Likes