MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Still a work in progress, but this is as far as I got with the
“So Whut?!” combo so far.

Want to try and film a clean version going fast tomorrow.

5 Likes

Check out the last post of this thread too. Josh Yee has the good tips.

Today’s post happens to bee sting!

4 Likes

Yeah Josh is a great guy. :muscle:

3 Likes

A look at my failed attempts at the stings…

I feel like I’m on the right track?

5 Likes

Man, SO close though!!

2 Likes

I found with windmill you have to have your hands really close together and do big gigantic pinwheels. Like when I catch the counterweight my hands will brush each other.

4 Likes

Man that was so great!! Loved this combo

Speaking of 5a, I’m not really into it, it’s just not my style, last year I tried it but, well, I just don’t feel it… but I’d like to see all your progress guys!!

5 Likes

Just hit 3 windmills in a row a few minutes ago :smiley:

4 Likes

Sometimes we have to look beyond ourselves though.

I think maybe you should reconsider 5a.

That way Kitty can have a new toy to chase around your place from all the times you’ll drop it while learning!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

/hearts Kitty

3 Likes

Hahahah, yeah that’s for sure, my counterweight is perfect for cats actually!

Right now I’m following a “self challenge”: to learn one trick a day and create one trick a week. So I’m keeping myself busy yoyo-wise. But I’ll give a try to 5a this week and see how it goes!

5 Likes

You’re so close @AngryGumball! Looks like you may be giving it too much ummph when the yoyo switches finger grips. Try changing its direction more with your fingers/wrist than you’re arm.

3 Likes

My hat caught the Bee Sting instead of me.
Does this count? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Better your hat than your face buddy!

3 Likes

lol :game_die: :billed_cap: :boom:

3 Likes

Getting bit better. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice man! You’ve pretty much got it! I bet within a week now you’ll be doing this like it’s natural!

3 Likes

Did you learn 1/2 beesting first? Or did you just go straight to learning the full after learning 360?

3 Likes

Be sure to have less string between the yoyo and nth during besting. It’ll make it more controlled and easier to land. It doesn’t require the same lengths as 360 (give more string to the counterweight side) :wink:

3 Likes

@twitch77 I learnt 1/2 bee sting first and I also practiced doing 360 but not catch the counterweight and let it unravel thing that @JeiCheetah advocates in his tutorial first too.

@Mystik thanks man yeah I’m trying haha after watching Josh’s video but not easy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok @AngryGumball, I’ve had a little coffee now and thrown just doing beesting for a bit. When I’m changing the direction of the yoyo, my “hop” is more of the motion of turning my hand over, palm down to palm up. I hope that helps (again- I’m no expert😉)

4 Likes