MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

How are u enjoying your ceaser?

4 Likes

Me too! I havenā€™t been in the mood for uploading a video this week hahaā€¦but I really am having a lot of fun this month so far! :smiley:

3 Likes

I really like it. Itā€™s just got a really great feel to it, and has power too. It plays fantastic. I was pretty sure I would like it, and it lived up to my expectations, but the ano and build quality are even better. The ano is simply stunning.

Makes me even more envious of your Spider-Man MFDs :grinning: I bet those look even better in person.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been having waaaay more fun with 5A than anticipated. I think Iā€™ve only played 1A for a couple hours the past 10 days! It just kinda clicks and doesnt feel like a grind learning what are essentially the basics of the style.

Also, thanks to @twitch77 and @MoonageMin for this thread again, thereā€™s a lot I wouldnā€™t have learned if I wasnt dedicated to keeping along each week :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They are very comparable to Airetics. Also, Iā€™ve found some of the Airetic solids to be more of a medium thickness than the patterned regs or slims. May want to give those a shot. Iā€™ve got about 6 strings of slightly differing lengths that Iā€™ve been just swapping onto different throws for over a year now.

4 Likes

Yeah MFD has a few nice throws. I love the ceaser. Full disclosure there isnā€™t much MFD i donā€™t likeā€¦ but if you ever want me to bore you with comparing models for you iā€™m always down :grin:.

4 Likes

Hell yeah :+1: When weā€™re done with 5A May Iā€™ll hit you up for more MFD info and opinions. I donā€™t think you could bore me with that :grin:

4 Likes

Broke another ear on the poor squirrel. Decided to do a bearing mod to it.

As for tricks, I should probably start on the e-fan as controversial as they are.

6 Likes

I was going to flag your postā€¦

But I couldnā€™t find the option for OFFENSIVE COUNTERWEIGHT ABUSE.

5 Likes

Iā€™m still a week behind on this trick-a-week challenge. Figured as since I know Buttefly and nunchucks, that bought me an extra week to work on last weekā€™s Bee Sting. That said, Iā€™m really close now.

Still a little fiddly with catching the weight at the end (earless squirrel) but I seem to have gotten the motion down. I just donā€™t know, is it proper to have that last roll back to trapeze before I catch the weight or is it acceptable to catch the weight and roll back to the trapeze? Seems that Iā€™ve seen it both ways.

7 Likes

Great job Gumball! :smiley: Iā€™m not sure of the answer to your question, but I think either way is okay honestly!

2 Likes

Omgosh guysā€¦I can do Butterflies! Super satisfying when youā€™re practicing and then all the sudden you start hitting what youā€™re working on!
Iā€™m not consistent of course with it yetā€¦but every few attempts Iā€™m hitting them! My record for tonight is 12 in a row :smiley:.

Hit 5 or 6 Windmills in a row tonight as well!

5 Likes

I thought I knew Nunchucks but itā€™s a different trickā€¦confused the 1-handed undermount with it. That said, I know what Iā€™ll be working on tomorrow.

Butterflies were actually one of the first 5A tricks I learned as it looked the coolest at the time. Still feels very satisfying and if I go out in public and do it, can guarantee social distancing will happen :smiley:

I think I posted it last week but here it is again

Trick reminds me of those clacker toys I played with as a kid.
clacker

8 Likes

Yeah itā€™s surprisingly easy :slight_smile: But really satisfying and super cool looking!

4 Likes

I believe catching from the under mount and rolling back is the bee sting and the catch from trapeze is the extended version

5 Likes

Wow you guys are overtaking me on 5a. I need to put in some work!!

6 Likes

Youā€™ve been working really hard though on your 1a :smiley:

5 Likes

Week 25 : Vines

We are just doing 1 trick this week. As there are loads of 5a tricks we have been covering recently each week and this give us all time to catch up and experiment while those who have can learn vines and continue to try itā€™s variations too. :slight_smile:

Video from @JeiCheetah

7 Likes

I think weā€™re all rolling at our own pace this month with 5aā€¦some of you are swiftly making strides, some of us are taking a bit of timeā€¦and some of you are well past the basics and have been doing 5a for a while now.

These vines are great as they continue to teach some fundamentals of 5a for those of us who are still just learning the basics.

Only a couple more weeks and weā€™ll dive head first back into some 1a :smiley: I was throwing some 1a yesterday, and Iā€™m starting to miss it! lol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Talking of 1a. Did a little trick circle today that Iā€™m quite happy with the way it turned out. :slight_smile:

8 Likes