MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Love it! And i love the early pick… like we have an extra day for this one😎

6 Likes

Happy Easter Sunday my good TaW people!

I have actually been working on this trick all morning hehehe.

Inspo @twitch77

5 Likes

Damn you picked this one up quick! Looks great and that was an awesome combo!
Love the sunglasses! You look great in them!
Cool location too!

And little man sleeping on your shoulders! :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks @twitch77 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awww, so cute.

3 Likes

Oops posted in the wrong place. Was meant to be a message to Ryan and Curtis haha

3 Likes

Time to get back to the family. Happy Easter everyone.

6 Likes

Nice! That didn’t take you that long at all!

A tiny bit of practice and you can try and get it smooth by going straight into the mount from a trapeze. I still haven’t been able to get the second bit after the first slack smooth yet though

4 Likes

Your kids seem indifferent in your last vid and the guy walking back there seemed uninterested. Do family members ever show an interest in your yoyoing?

3 Likes

Haha @ChrisFrancz if @AKYOYOMIKE’s family is anything like mine they see us yoyoing all day everyday that now we have become invisible. Lol.

Rather embarrassing video as it’s just a video full of fails, but if you ever wondered what my practice sessions look like behind the scenes.
This is a typical practice session in my house.
You can see that my family doesn’t really notice me yoyoing either.
Took this today morning.

I shared this with @ryanmcg and @twitch77 but I guess no harm sharing a boring video of how I practice for my TaW buddies too :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry, not sorry for so many videos haha

Although if you do watch all the video, you will see my Sleipnir become a Draupnir… lol

Example 1 :

5 Likes

Great stuff Min!! Wonderful location too, I’m stuck at home now (here in Italy we’re not permitted to chill around for fun), I miss the woods.

@twitch77 nice trick choice man, can’t wait to start working on this.

A challenge to everybody: try do suicide with the rabbit ears. I guess it’s extremely difficult, but I’ll give it a try.

6 Likes

I think @anon17117379 did some Rabbit Suicides before :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah i was just excited… i’l try to post another this week.

3 Likes

those are the best! :smiley:

3 Likes

Here are some of my rabbit ear catches :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So im still catching up.

It’s not the cleanest kamikaze, but I did hit the magic drop so Im satisfied.

4 Likes

Hey Ryan. Very nice and whut. I love the parts where you sped things up cause you got it down smoothly.

4 Likes

I like watching you get that knot out and when you loudly drop the yoyo your wife never looks up. I guess people yoyoing just becomes the norm and people don’t notice after a while.

4 Likes

Nice job @AKYOYOMIKE!! :smiley:

@anon17117379 Please stop being so ridiculous. My brain can’t process! haha :stuck_out_tongue: Those were all amazing, but that 3rd video blew my tiny little mind!

Well done on the Kamikaze @Mystik!! :fist_right: :boom: :fist_left: Kamikaze has been a major pain in the *** for me to get down! That magic drop is difficult for most people. I still don’t hit it 100%.

4 Likes

My practice sessions have always been SUPER rigid and structured. 10x Candy Rain attempts, 3 full Kamikazes, 10x Jack’s Slacks…etc etc.
I keep a logbook with the tricks I want to work on and the number of attempts or lands I want to do each day of them. I check them off as I go.

This is how I’ve always done my practice sessions.
But I don’t think it’s the optimal way. It kills any sort of creativity for one thing. I don’t flow and I don’t work on combos. It’s very black and white. I work on one trick, then I work on the next. No freestyling at all.

So this week I’m planning on trying new things. I’m not even going to keep my logbook this week. Just freestyling for me! If I don’t like it for whatever reason, I can always go back to my rigid sessions.

I’d like to find a balance. I love keeping my logbook.

4 Likes