MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Thanks man, I’m using InShot, a free app on my phone actually, it has a lot of great manipulation features that other apps don’t have for free. For shooting I place the phone at the level of my neck and I stand more or less 1.3 meter far. I also think that the music is half of the quality in a yoyo video. This one is One Day, by Onra. I found it on a video by slvrandblk which is one of my inspirations for video editing. I love it.

Thanks Ryan, I’m still not very consistent in catching that string with a narrow yoyo, but I’ve use the Umbra for this video and that is super catchable.

5 Likes

Thank you for the insight.
Seeing videos like yours is what motivated me to learn in the first place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally unrelated to TaW but this was another video I just made, haha having fun with this.
(Was a video meant for a PM to @ryanmcg and @twitch77)

Still not great but anyway thought I would share.
(on hindsight I should have tidied my room before the video)

4 Likes

Well I can say that it was thanks to you, @twitch77 and this awesome TaW challenge if I started to making video of myself yoyoing! So the motivation is reciprocal I guess! Lol

Btw I like your videos a lot, you should start a YouTube channel. Also your voice plays so great!

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, TaW has been amazing for a lot of people on here in many forms of inspirations and I am glad that it was a trigger for your awesome videos.

Feeling really happy, the whole idea for starting this was for us to inspire and motivate one another to keep our motivations high and our skill level improving week on week, and it sounds like it’s working :slight_smile:

Thank you again for liking my video and voice, maybe I should one day haha.
Need to get some skills first both in terms of yoyoing and video editing and assess things from there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MoonageMin oh man! Big step up in video quality! I love that you’re stepping your video editing game up! What a fun new hobby :smiley:.
You just showed me the tripod legs a few days ago…yet I didn’t realize till watching the video they were Manfrotto! Very nice :smiley:.
That whack at the end almost looks like you smacked your manhood :rofl: I gave a loud “ohhh!! :scream:” while watching.
The phone holder thingy looks great. I have something similar but mine is super cheap…it uses a spring and is all plastic.

3 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows
OMG IT’S KITTY!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

…oh sorry.
Did you do a trick or something?
Yeah…
I stopped watching after kitty was no longer in video.

:sweat_smile:

Amazing stuff as always man! I love your videos. You’re incredibly smooth at this whole yoing thing.

3 Likes

So am I the only one still stuck on the Jump Rope part of And Whut?
Please tell me I’m not! haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I was making some progress on it, but then I took a 2 day hiatus here…and now I’ve lost it!

3 Likes

Still on the jump rope here👍

3 Likes

Thank you!

#NotAlone

lol

3 Likes

Solidarity brother.

3 Likes

Hey @Mystik, here is a video I made for @twitch77 earlier.

6 Likes

@twitch77 and @Mystik no worries i haven’t even landed a regular jump rope… but the first two parts of the trick rock and im getting consistent. I think so far this and candy rain are going to beat me but I’ve learned a butt load from it.

4 Likes

:fist_right: :boom: :fist_left:

4 Likes

Thanks y’all - the journey continues!

3 Likes

Thanks @MoonageMin, that’s exactly what I needed. Hitting that jump rope now. Getting it in there about 50% and improving still.

:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I’l give it another crack.
Awesome ending. Nice video

3 Likes

Nice job Mystik!! :smiley:

Now I gotta step my game up!

3 Likes

You got this @twitch77!

3 Likes

Happy Easter Everybody!!

Trick-A-Week Challenge Week #20 Slack To Rabbit Ears

I thought it’d be really fun to pick this trick this week in celebration of Easter :smiley: :rabbit: :rabbit:

Posting it a bit earlier than usual as well.

I think this trick looks really fun and has a couple of neat elements to it…it’s also a great way for us to work on the Jade Whip trick (and possibly Iron Whip if you’re up to it!).

What do you guys think? :slight_smile:

Jade Whip:

Iron Whip:

Hope everyone has a great week and stays safe!

6 Likes