Moka Pot - Espresso

5 Likes

So beautiful to see so many people into coffee, on youtube there is a channel from a guy called James Hoffman that I quite follow, he knows a lot about coffee.

I am quite a ā€œnormieā€ in this field, tried many qualities of beans but I like to stay where home is (with a moka) or the bar machine.

Until now the best coffee I had was in Naples, with a little coffee chocolate and the classic little glass of water before drink the coffee, I will never forget that cup, so beautiful.

Also I had no idea Bialetti was so much worldwide, they really have the whole market, if someone is curious also have a look at the moka called ā€œMokargento squisitaā€ which is considered even better than the Bialetti

3 Likes

They have a chef, or artisan, line. Iā€™d like to get the 12ā€ from that line. My wifeā€™s uncle lives in Knoxville, we always head down to where Lodgeā€™s factory is, theyā€™ve got a couple stores, next time weā€™re there Iā€™m going to get one.

Most of mine are family heirlooms, then a couple Iā€™m restoring and a giant Butter Pat that I love.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also a big fan of James Hoffman. Heā€™s just so ā€¦ pleasant.

The Moka makes great coffee, but it doesnā€™t actually make espresso, and so it doesnā€™t quite scratch that itch for me. Then again, Iā€™m not a hardcore espresso drinker, so that itch doesnā€™t hit me very often anyway.

3 Likes

Oh man, a coffee thread!!!

Iā€™ve actually never tried a mocha pot. My main driver right now is this Technivurm Moccamaster my girl got me. Before that, my daily driver was a Hario V60 and an Aeropress. Messed around with the Chemex and a briki for a bit too but they didnā€™t make it into my routine.

3 Likes

Man just when I pledged to lower my coffee intakeā€¦

1 Like

Espresso is only 1.5 oz, you could have 3 a day and still not consume as much coffee as a single 8 oz cup =]

I switched to the doppios from my (wifeā€™s) nespresso. Then tea throughout the day. Not giving up on it entirely, just cutting back. For my poor tum tum. Iā€™ve been abusing it with crazy amounts of coffee since I was like 8 years old!

1 Like

nespresso machines make surprisingly good espresso for a capsule system.

good on you looking out for your gut health though, its super important <3

3 Likes

It is! My late-night snacking does NOT help, but Iā€™m taking baby steps here hahaha.

1 Like

Dude late night snacking is the WORST. Its a major struggle for me and When Iā€™m good about not snacking at night I feel so much better lol

1 Like