Mods, please delete

This auction has been transferred to Ebay. Please head there if you would like to bid on this Ti-Walker!

[s]As many of you know, Heath from vs. Newton started a charity auction selling yoyos to benefit the American Cancer Society. This project was started over two years ago and has not been completed to this day. Indeed, some controversy has risen from this situation. I won’t bore you with the details here, however, I encourage everyone to do some more reading about this situation and to educate themselves on what is appropriate conduct when dealing with a community eager to give to charity.

For further information regarding the ‘works’ for charity auctions, please read the vsnewton thread starting here:

Unfortunately, this entire situation has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Although I enjoy the play of this beautiful ti-walker I own… I no longer feel comfortable supporting vs. newton or owning any of their products. For this reason, I have decided to auction off my ti-walker. It is only right that the proceeds of this auction go to the American Cancer Society.

• This is an auction.
  • The ti-walker will go to the highest bidder.
  • The auction will end on Friday, October 5 at 7pm CST (central standard time).
  • Any bids received at 7:01pm or later will be ignored.

If you would like to bid, please send me a PM including the price you are willing to offer. I will update this thread with the high offer each and every time a new offer is received. If multiple people bid the same amount, the person who sent the PM first will be the new high bidder.

Bidding starts at $50.

Current high bid: $300

edit- I would also like to note that I would prefer to receive payment via paypal. And just to be clear, there is no minimum price you must increase the bid by (please don’t up the bid by less than $1)

Any shipping fees incurred from this auction will be subtracted from the highest bid… If the winner lives in the US, $5 will be taken from their high bid and used to cover shipping. If the winner lives outside the US, $15 will be deducted from the high bid to cover shipping fees. In other words, I will take the highest bid, subtract the proper amount for shipping fees, and the rest of the winning bid will be sent to the ACS.

I will be receiving $0 from the sale of this yoyo… I hope that will encourage people to bid high!

If you have any questions about the yoyo or about this auction, please feel free to PM me.

Here is the ti-walker:
Condition is pretty good. There are a number of marks on the yoyo (as seen in the pictures below). These marks are a result of the yoyo coming in contact with another yoyo (my friends gen-yo 5*). It was a singular incident, but it left about 7 little burn marks. The marks don’t look very attractive, but there isn’t really any ‘damage’ to the yoyo. Hard to describe… they’re not really dings, dents, or scratches. It seems almost like some of the 5* rubbed off onto the ti-walker when they bumped. That’s about all the damage it has. Never been sparked.

This yoyo also has, what I would call, a manufacturing error. There is a small ‘bump’ on one of the rims. I believe this is excess Ti that, for some reason, was never removed during production. It is very small and definitely does not affect the play of the yoyo. (see picture 3)

It will come with a OD ten ball bearing installed. I will also include the original box for the yoyo. The response is relatively fresh flowable sili… should have a good amount of life left before needing replacement.

Play is pretty darn smooth. I don’t feel any vibe on grinds.

Pictures–[/s]

7 Likes

Alas, I don’t have the funds to throw at this right now but it’s a fantastic thing you’re doing, throwgoon and I hope the bids keep rolling in. thumbs up

Yuki

Bump

Thanks Yuki. I very much appreciate all the nice comments everyone has made!

Auction ends Friday. Get your bids in!

Bump

For a great cause! Bid with confidence.