Modern Responsive March 2024 Throws

Bro! You gotta try it with a clean konkave d bearing and a couple shims. I like it unresponsive more than responsive. I’m keeping mine responsive for march but it will probably go right back to unresponsive come April. I’m hoping I can snag a production so I can keep one responsive and one unresponsive.

3 Likes

i bet that thing rips setup unres with some weight rings in.

1 Like

Oh, yes! I forgot to mention that very important tidbit. Weight rings are a must for unresponsive. For responsive, I like it better without.

1 Like

Who is going to be the first person to post a video of Spirit Bomb on a Harbinger? Is it even possible?

3 Likes

I’m holding off until the production run…because funds. I can’t wait, though!

That would be you…sir… :rofl:

For someone who is horrible at it, I’m somewhat obsessed with the trick.

1 Like

14 Likes

I have problems with the last step (uncrossing then catch) on every yoyo. I can show you the first 2/3s as proof that someone better than me could do it.

That’s the part I struggled the most with too. Definitely the hardest part.

1 Like

In Jan the tricks being suggested for FAF was stuff like spirit bomb, kwijibo, split the atom on a fixie so that’s the sort of stuff I was practising

1 Like

Those are just so beautiful. It must be mesmerizing to behold in person.

1 Like

Harbingers.

13 Likes

Send a video or photo of where you end up after that second hop. Maybe I can help. I know for me, I was not hitting this one string with my finger during the hop. It wasn’t till I saw this slow tutorial video that I noticed what I was missing.

5 Likes

Yah it’s definitely possible. Idk what Gary was using when he made it up, probably like a saber wing or fh1 or something like that. I can do it on most of my responsive yo-yos.

Spirit Bombing the Deep State

I don’t have a harbinger but y’all get the gist.

19 Likes

Thanks for that. Looked GREAT!! I just started working on that trick and I’m also working on Skin the Gerbil. But the monthly events have slowed my progress on those. This give me motivation. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Nice! Just don’t over think it. Let the arm crossing do the work. It’s like a wrist mount pop n fresh.

And thanks! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

I think Gary was using a renegade back then

1 Like