Modding a Mosquito

My 6 year old has a Mosquito That I filled with plastic beads. It definitely improved the sleep time but it gave it a rattle like a nervous Maraca!

I was thinking of filling the halves with caulking silicone or something but I don’t wanna destroy his yo-yo! Any thoughts? ???

Thanks!

Ha cool. It probably rattles because some of the beads or whatever inside didn’t get hit with the glue.

Why not try the caulk?

The caulk might work. Give it a try. You can also try Polymer Clay like Fimo or Sculpey. Molded it to the rims of the yoyo so you can pop it in and out if it doesn’t work right. I have a Butterfly I’m in the process of modding and plan on trying the Polymer Clay on the edge for more rim weight.

1 Like

well,on mine what i did was use play dough it works realy good,but now i got a DM so forget the mosquito oh,an dont worry if any of it gets in the hole where the screw goes in it comes out after a few throws

1 Like

I’ve even seen someone take clear rubber hose (like fish tank air hose) cut to fit between the screw holes. two per side. that should work pretty good.

That’s a pretty clever idea, I bet if the hose was filed w/ sili or something like that it would add even more weight…Hmmmmm, the gears are turning now. :smiley:

That ones a dirty birdy mod:
http://www.extremespin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=162623#post162623

Ah yes. It was a dirty birdy mod.

So I didn’t do the dirty bird, I tried the play-do method. Sept instead of using play-do I used crayola air-dry modeling clay. It’s a lot denser than play-do and we have a ton of the stuff.

Holy moley is this thing heavy now! Unfortunately I didn’t get the weight exactly even so it has a shimmy to it now, but no too bad.

Double unfortunate it’s actually too heavy for my 6 year old to throw now. He almost busted a tooth with it! I told him I’d get him a new one since the clay is hardened and it wont come out. When I do I’m gonna remove one of the friction stickers and put some new string on the clay-squito and rock out with it!

Thanks for the advice guys! I’ll do the tube one next.