Modded Freehand Pro

What’s up fellow yoyoers! Thought I would share this simple mod I did recently! I saw this on Throws N’ Brews’ youtube channel I pretty much just followed his tutorial exactly but I added one thing. I’m not sure if it’s an original idea or not, I could see someone having done this to a Freehand Zero back in the 2000s. My addition to the mod, because I don’t like the look of the black axle stickers, was to put some epoxy resin over the outside of the axle to keep the parts in and I added some gold flakes to match the weight rings. I wasn’t sure how this would work and I had a number of concerns but it’s a cheap yoyo so I just went for it. It worked great! The bolt side is really smooth and good looking, the nut side has a little raised bump from where the axle is but overall I’m happy with the results.

It has a little bit of vibe, I think from the weight rings, it had it after I installed the rings before I applied the epoxy. It’s not enough to be an issue for me though. What do you think?

12 Likes